• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Leap Frog posted some nice service manuals

Leap Frog posted some nice president manuals here last night. thanks Leap Frog, nice job.
Thank You Brother, I just saw your post!
I found these one late night while searching and figured I should share the wealth, especially because I love what the Uniden brand radios used-to-be; I almost never buy a product that I cannot find service documentation or support for, the President Line in Europe is the closest thing I can find that's close-to what I love about the classic radios, something (that I feel) is missing from the scene today. Everyone is so caught up in I.P. rights now-a-days...
"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."
-Ian, Jurassic Park 1993
I fear that one day we may not have the right to repair our own hardware, or at least not the rights to service docs/specs/FSM's... If we want the brand name to last for decades, and for people to keep using the products they need to be fix-able; to be kept in-service. Then, after they bring long term satisfaction to consumers, the brand name can be "Honorable" again..
Otherwise we (the consumer) will no longer buy these products, if after a few years the manufacturer no longer supports the device and then calls it "Legacy" while not providing schematics... Well that don't really fly for too long in my mind lmao, we should be able to have half a chance at fixing our own ipad/iphones/androids/PC's/Macs/Radios/Devices/PurchasedGoods! (y)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.