• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LesComm Radios

I have no affiliation with lester and own none of his products. He is a Cb legend and a first rate tech. I would take his claims as gospel. I still don't have any desire to own a front mic 148.

well

first off it was so over modulated. nobody could understand me. had to remove the swing kit.
remove the npc mod. it was off frequency. it was a waste of 250 bucks.
i bought it from him on eBay so not sure where he is located.
i gave it a full alignment its all good now.btw its a galaxy radio

first off it was so over modulated. nobody could understand me. had to remove the swing kit.
remove the npc mod. it was off frequency. it was a waste of 250 bucks.
i bought it from him on eBay so not sure where he is located.
i gave it a full alignment its all good now.btw its a galaxy radio

the galaxy 959 explains it, so many try to hot rod them and its not that good for this radio. changing the mic input circuit helps this radio a lot since FCC has the supplier choke it down to make sure it meets their requirements.

Theres a guy on another forum who had a old school 148, and the guy in Fl did mods to his as well, but he seems to like his work...

I myself don't no anything about the guy in Fl.....

I asked for a quote on a 148 cobra and he asked new or old so I guess he will refurb and build an old one he buys repairs then sells. I thought his price for a new on with blue display with 3 digit readout chanel selector and his chanel board aligned and tuned for 215.00 wS a fair price. Was wondering if anyone has one? But I guess not

LESCOMM is Les Jernigan. he has been around for a long time, and used to be the editor in chief of Secret CB towards the end of its days.

he definitely knows what he's doing, and is a true "technician".
by this i mean you could give him a stereo, television, or computer, and he would probably be able to fix those also.

i have never personally seen his work. i would be very surprised to find out that it was anything less than top notch.

that being said, im somewhat sure that he came across the computer programming for his latest boards in a less than "above board" kind of way.
cant prove that, but i have a hunch.

John666, im curious, did you buy that radio from LESCOMM directly, or did you buy it from someone that said they had the work done by LESCOMM?
seems to me that what you describe does not fit his M O.

i too would never own a front mic 148 no matter who worked on it.
things like crystals, filters, variable inductors, and electrolytic capacitors are made so cheaply these days that new radios tend to suffer for it.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated