• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lesters Custom Radios

Was thinking of using Lescomm for a multi-radio upgrade of the shack, including
a RCI-29xx series rig and maybe a DX-2547, so has been interesting reading these posts.

Which state is he in? Can't see it on the website. And what's his turnaround like on a new radio with tune/mods?

73's

Well im happy with my anytone at 6666 he did for me. I guess you just don't like anyone if it is not your radio God. Hard drive.............................

Well im happy with my anytone at 6666 he did for me. I guess you just don't like anyone if it is not your radio God. Hard drive.............................
I just like things that work well, regardless of who made it happen.
I'm sure there are folks in this forum who do better work than Lester.

Oh well whatever...
Since you're happy with the Anytone AT-6666, and Lester is incapable of using test equipment, it would be logical to conclude he sold you a stock radio and charged you for a "tune" that was never done, as well as adding a quick disconnect. Amazon.com might have been cheaper.
They are quite nice right out of the box.

Ask the tech for a list of what was done, if thy are trustworthy they should provide it
It would be kind of naive to trust a guy incapable of showing his test equipment in his service video that he does for each customer.
Don't take my word for it.

There are plenty of knowledgeable techs in this forum without having to resort to getting taken by Lester.

Last edited:
Not trying to stir trouble, but in general how does one know if a radio is or was not just out of the box?
That is hard to do without test equipment. Since a schematic is unavailable for the AT-6666, very few techs are willing to attempt modifications to it. Most are unwilling to even make adjustments for fear of screwing something up since any knowledge they think they have is limited to the EPT360014B chassis.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.