• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear

Any of those Danish butter cookies left in the cookie tin on top of the cabinet??

My 5 yr old daughter loves those butter cookies, then she uses the can for a drum:(:(

I use folgers coffee plastic cans for sorting hardware and storage work great.

A large beam and 100 watts will allow you to talk WITH people. 5000 watts and a small antenna will allow you to talk AT people. See the difference? Besides that running 5000 watts is a whole different world tham running even at a kilowatt. Bad things happen fast when something goes wrong at that kind of power level.
I've a basic idea of the bad things that can happen with a 5000 watt amp when things go wrong but can you expand on how horrible it can go? And what could cause those very bad things to happen. 73. P.s. I've absolutely no interest of ever going over a kW myself. IMO it's a total waste. I'm very happy in the 700 zone.

Well coax connectors of the PL259 type don't like that kind of power and can fail. When that happens you often see a chunk of coax cable light up and smoke too. That is assuming the antenna insulators don't ignite first because of being dirty. I have seen LDF5 (7/8 heliax) arc and melt when a spliced connection failed. You need to have all your ducks in a row running 5 Kw. 5 Kw is only 500 volts of RF but it can do nasty things if it arcs. A stick welder has less than 100 volts on the welding rod.

My 5 yr old daughter loves those butter cookies, then she uses the can for a drum:(:(

I use folgers coffee plastic cans for sorting hardware and storage work great.

I have all my stuff sorted out and labeled in plastic parts cabinets. The cookie tin was just holding an assortment of #8 and #10 stainless hardware to avoid spilling several containers at once. ;)

Reactions: wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.