• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LINKING A VIDEO

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
I've tried again and again and again to link YouTube videos to this forum. Or any form for that matter. I cannot get it done. My friends and fellow members of WWDX have tried in the past to help with no success. I don't own a PC. I tried linking threads with my Galaxy S7 Edge but found it impossible. That phone took a dump and now I'm on a Galaxy j7. I've tried and tried with this phone also and cannot do it. I've read articles and watched YouTube videos but I am finding it impossible to link a video although I have no problem adding photos. If it's not possible to do with a smartphone it makes sense why I am unable to do so. But I am very doubtful about its non possibility. Can someone help me? In the easiest layman's terms would be appreciated. I am not a technical person. I purchased a $1,200 laptop from RadioShack about four years ago. I used it for two days before I understood it wasn't something that was going to work for me. It sat in the closet for three and a half years until my niece needed one. I gave it to her and at 14 years old now at 18 she is an absolute hacker. Some people just have a mind for tedious technical things. I don't. I have tried several Ways to accomplish this task but continuously get a message stating something to the effect that it's not formatted properly and cannot be linked or posted. Thank you very much my friends. I have tried saving it to my drive, notebook, copy text ECT ECT with no luck.. 73ps I can add videos directly from my phone but it's the sharing a link that's driving me fucking insane! Once again thank you if you decide to take out the time to help a dense wwdX member. I can get to the add media URL but don't know where to save and then collect that link or how to add it to that URL box.

Last edited:

This is as far as I got. And as you can see if you tap on the link it just doesn't come up. Very very frustrating. 73

Attachments

• youtu.b.txt.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 175

I was just using one of my clips in order to try to share it. Im trying over and over with no luck nice to see how easy it was for you. I won't give up I'm sure I will get it but for now my brain is beginning to smoke. I have to leave it alone for today. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. You have gotten on the right track as I did save the link and the PDF file but still don't know how to get it here. I appreciate you taking the time to help. Thank you very much. 73

It looks like you are saving the youtube link in your google acount. When I clicked on the text document that you posted in post #3 this is what it opened:
Screenshot_2017-06-12-17-36-03.png

This address is the actual youtube link that you need. I just copied it and then pasted it and the video is posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-12-17-36-03.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-12-17-36-03.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
In theory, you should be able to click on your attachment in post #3 and open it to see the link I posted above. Copy that and paste it, and you are good to go.

Have you tried simply typing the address of the youtube vid into your post?
Yes I have. That would be the easiest thing to do because I did find the icon above the posting and reply that allows for adding a URL listing but I cannot retrieve the link two my YouTube videos or any YouTube videos for that matter. I've tapped every icon on the video screen and below it yet I cannot locate the URL http or whatever it's actually called. If I could find it I would just write it down and then once I get to the place on this form where I could add it I would just fill it in but as I mentioned I cannot have that pop up. If someone can tell me how to get that URL address for particular videos I'd be glad to copy him down and then just add them in manually. Thank you and I appreciate everyone who has replied. PS I do want to remind anyone else too helps that I am using a Galaxy j7 and not a tablet or PC. 73

On my phone hitting the arrow that sweeps to the right (next to the thumbs up/down icons) gives options one of which being a notepad type app I have on my phone, choosing that app will open the app with text containing the address. The other links look like they should allow you to copy it directly but I'm not a big smartphone guy so that's above my grade.

See if your phone has something similar.

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
I use a galaxy phone onl8ne sometimes like right now but I always request it to load the desktop pc version in my browser so I am no help. I STILL prefer the PC way of doing stuff and much prefer my laptop for surfing the net. Yup.......I'm old. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?