• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Listening to the scanner in the midst of a title celebration

The War Wagon

Dec 27, 2014
da' 'BURGH
Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is entirely TOO cracka to have any DECENT riots - EVEN for a Stanley Cup. :p THURSDAY night might've been different, had we won at home - there were 20,000 people in the Consol, and 50k MORE outside it, but when you win on the road, you just get a buncha drunks stumbling out of bars wanting to love the world. :ROFLMAO:

Pittsburgh/Allegheny Co. is STILL all-analog, save for the Pittsburgh PD. But even with a little ol' BC355C, I was still pulling in some of their 800mhz traffic, and the REAL celebration, was less than 3 miles from my house (I'm a little over 4 miles from downtown) in the bar district, so all the other neighboring LE agencies who were assisting came through just fine. NO major incidents, so other than just some general anxiety in the scanner voices, the celebration was fine.

Thankfully, the bar district is down near river level - and I'm right at 1,200' above sea level; 400+ feet ABOVE them. And drunks NEVER stagger UP-hill! :LOL:

Got the victory parade this morning - 350,000 people expected to cram into downtown, which should almost double a normal downtown workday crowd - so that should make for some interesting scanner traffic. After Orlando this past weekend, they're talking about beefing up security at such soft targets such as these, so interagency/fed traffic oughta be rather interesting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.