• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Logging contacts

FNH

Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2013
South Island, New Zealand
So I have my rig pretty much sorted, I've joined a group and got a call sign. So now I need a method of recording my contacts. What sort of infomation is the minimum I need to be taking and what else is useful. I see there is software available to download for record keeping. Is that really nessessary, or does it just complicate things. I can see it would be handy if you needed to search or sort the collected data. Is it easier to just use a pen and pad. I am just interested in what you guys are doing. Maybe you all just use post-it notes stuck around the edge of your monitors :D

Cheers FNH

BTW I was listening on 27.385 lsb this afternoon and was picking up a guy in Monterey Bay, California. He was coming across crystal clear for a while.

Last edited:

I use CQRlog, it's more for the ham op but it could be adapted. Its for Linux only but there are several other Windows based one out. I don't think, and I could be wrong, there are any 11 meter specific ones. I would guess an excel spread sheet would work or some type of database like Access or MySQL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?