• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

M-216 BIG DADDY Antenna

Has anyone ever used one of these or any info about them will help.Thanks and God Bless.

It would be a good idea to post either a picture or a link to the website. :blink:

Looks to me like a set of Long John 5 el mounted on a single boom for selectable vertical or horizontal polarization.

Any 5 el should kick ass, and I'll bet that one is old enough to be built like a tank, though newer computer-aided designing might reveal certain performance weak points in it's design.

Well we might find out i found one new in the box. It has a 15.5 db gain its 18 ft tall 22 ft long or that what all the paper's say. Now if it will do that or not I dont know. I know that there is always hip in all things such as raidos antenna's and and just about everthing else you buy. This one was bought new in 1977 and is real nice to say the least. I may use this one insted of one of my moonraker's. One way or the other I will be up and going in one more week. Any help you can offer is welcome. God Bless SILVEREAGLE1.

I plan on doing just that. I am puting it on a tower around 50 ft high. We have the cement base done and the mounts for the tower are 3"x 3" x1/2"x 4' long steel. The base is cement 4x4 and 5' deep with lot of stee cage tie in it. As for the tower i will have a very nice gear reduction and motor setup to raise and lower it this has took some time to get it right but i think we have it worked out. This will be a neet if it all works out.

Reactions: 1 person
cb_mag_apl_1974_pg04.png

I did see it and thank you I am always thankfull for everone's help. I ment to thank you for that last night. I was trying to talk on here and do about 10 other thinghs at the same time LOL. Any help you can give is a blessing .

Just put it up, you'll love it! - But make certain you also have a good vertical omni up for local chit-chat so you don't wear out your rotator.

with a 22' boom i would have to say it would be better suited for a tower. being it seems larger than a moonraker 4 it would need a good quality heavy duty rotor and some sort of torsion control added to the top of the tower for good measure...looks nice, good luck with it.

with a 22' boom i would have to say it would be better suited for a tower. being it seems larger than a moonraker 4 it would need a good quality heavy duty rotor and some sort of torsion control added to the top of the tower for good measure...looks nice, good luck with it.

BINGO! (y)

..oh and Bandit, you misspelled ignorance :oops: - LOL! ;) - or is it supposed to be a quote of someone else that dunnit?

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.