• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Maco or Hy-Gain

The Shockwave is suppose to be one of the better ones now...But they are about double in price compared to the Hy Gain and MaCo V5000... I have a Mr. Coily .64 ground plane and that thing is built like a tank, and tuned perfect just going by Dan's markings he had on all the elements...BUT...He's proud of his antenna's, and the price tag prove it.

The Shockwave is suppose to be one of the better ones now...But they are about double in price compared to the Hy Gain and MaCo V5000... I have a Mr. Coily .64 ground plane and that thing is built like a tank, and tuned perfect just going by Dan's markings he had on all the elements...BUT...He's proud of his antenna's, and the price tag prove it.

Seen the Shockwave just the other day online. Looks better built then the others I asked about. Don't mind a little more $ up front for something that will last, but not a lot of information out about them that I can find.....not going to run a boat load of power, so I hate getting one rated at 5000+ watts.

Going to put up beams later on, for now just looking for something good to get out on.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.