• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257 + Frequency counter

KOBO

Wood Butcher
At the risk of being labeled a newb, here is my question.

I never really cared if my radio's had a frequency counter, my 2000gtl does and I have been happy with that, now though I have been wondering about connecting one to a Magnum 257hp and I am wondering what that entails.

Is there a need to go into the unit and connect to the board?

BTW, I know the radio has a frequency display, I was wondering about a true frequency counter.

TIA

really not needed on that radio, they are very stable on ssb, just tune into everyone else and talk, then just leave the clarifier where its at, unless you have enough of a temp change then you will need to re-adjust it.

Reactions: 1 person
really not needed on that radio, they are very stable on ssb, .....

Thank you for the response Camaro1.

I am aware that the radio is very stable on SSB, it is one of the reasons I chose it, I guess it is just to give me more of what I have with the Cobra; a quick glance tells me both what channel I am on & what frequency I am at; right now, on the 257, it is either one or the other (unless I missed a setting somewhere). It means nothing probably, but I like it.

K

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated