• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S-9 Hmmmm

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
I must admit , it sure is a good looking radio.
magnum_s9.jpg

Good looking radio for sure! was thinking of geting one till I saw the Cobra 200,Does not have the blue but night watch is still neat looking at night!!!!
97849a5c7943204490938f9866c5ea65.jpg

Isn't it something how we all hear this and that about certain radios from time to time ? I just said it was surely a good looking radio , so is that Coby 200 (-: I guess it just depends on the person ? It's kind of 50/50 ,some like them ,some don't. I must admit though , I've heard some not so good things about Magnums over the years , but then at the same damned time , I heard good things about them .....Hmmmm ...you ever feel like your going around in circles from time to time (-: What do I know ? My luck ,I'd get one of those after putting up those big dollars so I could 98% of the time talk on AM anyway and somebody would more then likely steal it out of my car )-: It's all good . I run a Cobra 25 LTD 1983 model in my car .....it does the trick for now ,I love that little back pocket radio !! but hey ,there a dime a dozen and very easily replaced. IM just having a little fun guys. Looks like you didn't lose a whole lot there Carl , good to see you got a fair price back on your investment. Damn good to hear your pleased with your new 200 Cheech !! Now there's a radio that has caught my attention , it's about damned time Cobra put itself back on the map !! and like everything else ,IM hearing good things about those radios Hmmmmm ?(give it time huh) I did hear one not to long ago and it did sound very good , but hey !! I heard an old 1977 40 channel AM Midland the other day that sounded sweet !! Go figure huh ....

i had almost 400 into it when it got here. i took over a 100 loss. lol damnit i almost forgot about that.

what is it you guys didn't like about the s-9? i have one in my ford 150 and i find it to be a solid radio. mostly use lsb and its getting about 60 watts and very clean audio with a shure non- amplified mic on it. its not a cpu radio but for a cb trucker type i think its one of the best all around radios. the echo is excellent. the all mode talkback works very well. i have two matching mics on mine so the passenger can have one . i was just curious why you guys don't care for them?

I liked my first one in the truck so well, I went and bought a second to use as a Base Station. Very nice radio, with lots of features. Oh, did I mention LOUD audio!

thats ok because you have you have a right to voice you openion. i know its tough to contribute at times but some times you just need to try your best. you should buy a s9 and try it so you can contribute to this thread.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.