• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mandatory Field Day Thread

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Jebus people, about 2 weeks til Field Day and no chat about it?

Okay...who here is planning on participating?

By yourself? With a private group? With a club? C'mon spill it (y)

FD participation has been declining for various reasons in recent years but now propagation is on the upswing and it should be gangbuster times for conditions and contacts.

Local clubs in my area are kind of far away and they tend to set up in hot locations and it's going to be hot so I'm truckin' off in my...well....truck, and hitting a mountaintop nearby. So I'll be running 1C (single station mobile).

All I gots is 10 meters in the truck so there I go. Has been great daily propagation so I'm hoping for similar good conditions.

I will be participating on Saturday with this group in the attached flyer. I'm told that Gordon West will be there, along with some of the Navy MARS guys that I work with. I'm planning on taking pictures and possibly some video to post here on the site. I'll probably also take along my Superantenna Yagi and hook it up to the Jeep station somehow to make a few contacts.

Attachments

• FDFLYER SA FD Hill.pdf
    298.4 KB · Views: 189
I am going to visit the the folk with my local club
Callaway Amateur Radio League
and do some 10 meter work from home
Right after i get back from vacation and fishing .

KD0G0J
scott

I'm going to be mobile during Field Day, traveling south from VA to SC, first leg of my journey and then from SC to FL second leg of the journey the next day. I'm curious as to what my exchange with stations should be. Do I use the state I'm currently traveling through as a designator or do I use VA for the duration? I've only done Field Day from a fixed club location using our club call. How much op time I'm going to get in will be varied due to the the other occupants in the vehicle with me.:eek: Hopefully my wife and her sister will be engrossed in watching DVD's on their portable players. :DNow if I can get my sister-in-laws hubby to log contacts for me, that would be great.:unsure:

Wayne C.

I'm going to be mobile during Field Day, traveling south from VA to SC, first leg of my journey and then from SC to FL second leg of the journey the next day. I'm curious as to what my exchange with stations should be. Do I use the state I'm currently traveling through as a designator or do I use VA for the duration? I've only done Field Day from a fixed club location using our club call. How much op time I'm going to get in will be varied due to the the other occupants in the vehicle with me.:eek: Hopefully my wife and her sister will be engrossed in watching DVD's on their portable players. :DNow if I can get my sister-in-laws hubby to log contacts for me, that would be great.:unsure:

Wayne C.

I think the designator is just "Rover" but that may be wrong. Get all the rules and info at American Radio Relay League | Ham Radio Association and Resources FD stuff right on front page.

Good luck! Sounds like fun!

Our club (Delaware Lehigh Amateur Radio Club) is running 4A for Field Day. We are putting up a TH-5 beam (20-15-10) on a 40ft. tower, and dipoles for 160, 80, 40, and 20. We will be running a Ten-Tec Omni VII, Flex-3000, Icom 756 Pro III, and a Icom IC-7000. All rigs will be set up to run CW, PSK, RTTY, and SSB.

Our club has over 200 members and we have allot of interest this year. Hope the weather is warm and dry.

Listen for W3OK.

Field Day

I'll be heading to Field Day in Norwalk, CT near where I live. Our local clusb, GNARC takes it very seriously. We have a hazmat trailer coming from the city fire department for emergency power all weekend. We'll have three stations plus a GOTA station and a networked set of dedicated logging computers. Should be fun. Oh...and the site is right on the water (y)

FIELD DAY

I will be leaving from HOOTERVILLE,IN early Satrurday morning in-route to near Hamilton,OH...(about 2 hrs+) to operate and visit with the group at W8RNL
Rigs setup: Yaesu FTdx-9000D (400w contest version)
Yaesu FT-2000D/w DMU-2000
I am sure there will be more...I'll be taking my FT-450AT in the truck also along with some keyer paddles plus a couple straight keys.
I operated both the 9000d and the 2000D last year. WOW great rigs!
I spent most of my time on CW with the 2000D on 40m also operating the FTdx 9000D on 75m phone band. I'll be operating later in the evening and early Sunday morning when things slow down. So hope to work you'al "IN the AIR"
All the Best
BJ/W9FNB

Last edited:
I am going out to the local club set up early morning Sunday and try and work a couple of Sat passes..

Progress Report,

10 Meters wide open. In 2 & 1/2 hours made about 25 contacts. All east coast open from east coast. Worked south to Fla., north to Ontario and most parts in between. Stopping for dinner then getting back at it. Working 1C mobile as said before.
interview.gif

10M and some 6M

10M was open here in CT. I worked a number of southern US and Midwest US stations. I made a few contacts on 6M...a first for me with the Yaesu FT-897D...just never had 6M before on the Kenwood TS-870.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated