• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maverick 250 spark show

dozerman

hello, its me again
Dec 16, 2013
milan tennessee
My Maverick has decided to acting up lately. The one of the load controls on the finals is an arco 304 compression trimmer. Lately, is decided to start arcing within itself. Between the plates on the trimmer. Just as I get it loaded for max smoke, it arcs and power drops out. Does it badly during modulation. I've ordered a few more to replace it, but what causes that?

The Dielectric get damaged from over tightening.

I kinda figured that was the problem. It was all to pieces when I looked at the leaves in it. Now I have a really dumb question I'm sure. When I took it out last night, I looked over at a parts rig and took a air tuner out of it. Capatence was way lower but the tuning was so smooth. I can't find one with as much as 550pf, so how could I incorporate a different tuner into that box?

I forgot to repost, got the trimmer in and presto! Tunes like a champ. Wish I could find a different kind of tuner to use but it works great as it is. Thanks fellas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.