• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M-8800

Sent an email to 409 shop requesting more info,waiting for a reply.They put the price up $59 to 250 shipped:thumbdown:great way to kick off a new radio.

Attachments

• m-8800.jpg
    m-8800.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 365
Some talk about m-8800 on the German anytone forum. Looks like these are the latest version of the 5555 with improved stability. (as I understand it ,using the translator on my browser ) dimensions and general specs are the same.Have you got any more info on them Dave?

M-8800

No, waiting for ours to arrive so we can put them thru their paces.
They will be available ex NZ when we get them.
I will post the results on the blog.
Don't expect too much other than a version 5 anytone clone, but the dials and knob layout looks interesting.
cheers,
Dave

Well I just ordered one. Got it at the old price which works out about $185 au delivered Hope I haven't wasted my money! The display is what interested me as well. I'm getting tired of reaching for my reading glasses every time I want to see something on the radio .should be able to see this one . If it's a 5555 clone should be ok . Looking forward to Dave's review.Happy New Year.

Reactions: Bad Company
maxlog

couple of quick words , will write more when I have the time. Out of the box works well 30w ssb 40 w fm definitely a at-5555 clone but with a tcxo. rock stable no drift at all and on frequency. Tx audio sounds very good . To open up the frequency coverage hold both the func and emg buttons and pwr on. Select .ALL. using the ch switch and pwr off then back on. mine came with 6 x 40 chs.Love the clarifier, multiple tuning rates and it will tune one end of the band to the other ( like a VFO) and it will hold the info until you reset it.Rf gain pot seems to only work on the last 1/4 turn. Good rx but distorts with the really big signals.(had to turn the rf gain down a bit) .Most of the menu is the same as the at-555 but I Can't find the mic gain in the main menu Any ideas! Now if I can work out how to program this the way I like it. So far well worth the money.

Last edited:
looks like the inside of a anytone AT5555 V5 with a few things changed like a cover over the tuning pods in the center...theres also a xtal that missing from the 2nd box to the right might have something to do with TCXO or what ever its called in this radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated