• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M8900

HI All,

I am a VK who is a new member of the group and have had a couple of strange things that occurred on the display of the Maxlog 8900, so being clever, I thought, lets reboot the radio, ie hold function key in while turning on and sure enough, display perfect.
Downside, now the radio acts like a European version, ie 28/29 Mhz only and I need to find out the way to get it back to being an export version. Keeping in mind, I have owned this radio an entire 6 hours from arriving here from the seller.

Second issue, and an interesting one, there is a predominant hum heard on tx on ssb or any other mode for that matter, put my hand on the radio, goes away. Tried a few different antennas for a bit of fun, dummy load, etc, and the hum stays, right up until I put my hand on the mic socket of the radio, bingo, hum gone. Checked with two separate power supplies just in case, no change. Possibly a mic issue, may try and adapt a standard cb mic if i can find where to get a 6 pin plug, didnt want to steal the plug off the original mic if there was a 6 pin available at the local store to play with.

So obviously a bit new to the Maxlog gear, been primarily an Icom man using an IC7850 with an Acom 2000 and a few optibeam antennas over here in N/E VK3, but if anyone can assist, it was going to be a great radio for 24 and 28 Mhz and I have royally fixed that from being possible by doing a reset.

Any suggestions of how to move forward would be most appreciated, you guys looking through the forum know a load more than I do on this radio and maybe able to assist.

Thanks in advance to any helpers and a merry xmas and a happy new year to all members

Cheers
Brenton

HI All,

I am a VK who is a new member of the group and have had a couple of strange things that occurred on the display of the Maxlog 8900, so being clever, I thought, lets reboot the radio, ie hold function key in while turning on and sure enough, display perfect.
Downside, now the radio acts like a European version, ie 28/29 Mhz only and I need to find out the way to get it back to being an export version. Keeping in mind, I have owned this radio an entire 6 hours from arriving here from the seller.

Second issue, and an interesting one, there is a predominant hum heard on tx on ssb or any other mode for that matter, put my hand on the radio, goes away. Tried a few different antennas for a bit of fun, dummy load, etc, and the hum stays, right up until I put my hand on the mic socket of the radio, bingo, hum gone. Checked with two separate power supplies just in case, no change. Possibly a mic issue, may try and adapt a standard cb mic if i can find where to get a 6 pin plug, didnt want to steal the plug off the original mic if there was a 6 pin available at the local store to play with.

So obviously a bit new to the Maxlog gear, been primarily an Icom man using an IC7850 with an Acom 2000 and a few optibeam antennas over here in N/E VK3, but if anyone can assist, it was going to be a great radio for 24 and 28 Mhz and I have royally fixed that from being possible by doing a reset.

Any suggestions of how to move forward would be most appreciated, you guys looking through the forum know a load more than I do on this radio and maybe able to assist.

Thanks in advance to any helpers and a merry xmas and a happy new year to all members

Cheers
Brenton

maxlog M-8900 export bands
Press "RB" turn radio on ..wait till band # is displayed release "RB"

select band with channel knob
Band 1 = 25.615-30.105 mhz in 10 bands export
Band 2 = 28.000-29.700 in 5khz steps legal 10m band
Band 3 = 24.500-26.495mhz
Band 4 =24.890-24.990mhz legal 12m band
Band 5 = multi norm single band selection as below
Press "RB" to lock in band

maxlog M-8900 export bands
Press "RB" turn radio on ..wait till band # is displayed release "RB"

select band with channel knob
Band 1 = 25.615-30.105 mhz in 10 bands export
Band 2 = 28.000-29.700 in 5khz steps legal 10m band
Band 3 = 24.500-26.495mhz
Band 4 =24.890-24.990mhz legal 12m band
Band 5 = multi norm single band selection as below
Press "RB" to lock in band

You guys are a legend, thank you so much, performed the functions indicated, worked like a dream. Have a great xmas,
cheers
Brenton
VK3CM

Own the Maxlog M8800 and found a M8900 debating. Also the Magnum ONE holla holla, is it top Dawg and trump both of these past rigs easily ???

73's out there, Retro

Estou no Brasil, sou novo no grupo e preciso de ajuda .....
Onde ele poderia obter o manual elétrico m-8900
Aqui temos um rádio com o mesmo modelo que apenas muda o nome para RP-90

muito obrigado

I have that manual but it is in English... Here ya go !

73's

Attachments

• maxlog m8900 manual.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 64
[QUOTE = "vkrules, post: 490382, membro: 24352"] Encontrou o item sidetone vol 24 (17 na outra versão) sem menu BU, marcado sem manual como prompt voice vol. Estranhamente, se o rádio já está em andamento, não é configurado, terá de mudar o modo antes de entrar sem menu (apenas esta função). A frequência da sidetona é o item 16 (ou 12 na other version). O ganho do microfone é definido para cada modo separadamente. Levantei o meu ligeiramente para AM e SSB e fm esquerdo não padrão 28. É tentativa e erro, você não está habilitado. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "vkrules, post: 490382, member: 24352"] Encontrou o item sidetone vol 24 (17 na outra versão) no menu BU, marcado no manual como prompt voice vol. Estranhamente, se o rádio já estiver em cw, não será configurado, terá de mudar o modo antes de entrar no menu (apenas esta função). A frequência da sidetona é o item 16 (ou 12 na outra versão). O ganho do microfone é definido para cada modo separadamente. Levantei o meu ligeiramente para AM e SSB e fm esquerdo no padrão 28. É tentativa e erro, se você bater no tx você Saia do menu que você não pode ajustar enquanto fala. [/ QUOTE]
Aqui no Brasil foi lançado o RP-90 na placa é V8 na tela só vai até o 24

Não sei como chegar à largura de banda igual ao modelo M8900

Poderia me informar

muito obrigado
Qual é exatamente o rp-90?

[QUOTE = "rabbiporkchop, post: 591452, membro: 2679"] Qual é exatamente o rp-90? [/ QUOTE]
É igual a 8900, não sei qual a versão
Aqui, o rp-90 aquario na placa é como uma versão 8 , não tivemos outro anterior a este
Talvez seja uma versão 8 do 8900
Quando você mencionou largura de banda, você estava falando sobre banda larga de freqüência de áudio ou falava sobre frequências reais para transmitir?

[QUOTE = "rabbiporkchop, post: 591452, membro: 2679"] Qual é exatamente o rp-90? [/ QUOTE]
É igual a 8900, não sei qual a versão
Aqui, o rp-90 aquario na placa é como uma versão 8 , não tivemos outro anterior a este
Talvez seja uma versão 8 do 8900
Modificação de frequência O Maxlog 8900 possui três configurações de freqüência: Bandas de amadores da banda 1: 12 e 10 metros (configuração de estoque) Banda 2: Frequência expandida com 80 canais por banda Banda 3: Frequência expandida com canais CB 40 Lista de frequências da banda 1 A: 24,890 ~ 24,990 MHz (faixa de 12 metros) B: 28,000 ~ 28,395 MHz (Faixa de 10 metros) C: 28,400 ~ 28,795 MHz (Faixa de 10 metros) D: 28,800 ~ 29,195 MHz (Faixa de 10 metros) E: 29.200 ~ 29.595 MHz (Faixa de 10 metros) F: 29.600 ~ 29.700 MHz (Faixa de 10 metros) Lista de frequência da banda 2 A: 24.500 ~ 25.300 MHz B: 25.615 ~ 26.505 MHz C: 26,515 ~ 27,405 MHz D: 27,415 ~ 28,305 MHz E: 28.315 ~ 29.205 MHz F: 29,215 ~ 29,995 MHz Lista de frequências da banda 3 A: 26.065 ~ 26.505 MHz B: 26.515 ~ 26.955 MHz C: 26,965 ~ 27,405 MHz (Canais CB 1 ~ 40) D: 27,415 ~ 27,855 MHz E: 27.865 ~ 28.305 MHz F: 24,499 ~ 29,999 MHz (Modo de banda livre * - Sintonização contínua) * No modo de banda livre, a configuração do clarificador do rádio deve ser configurada para "rt". Consulte a seção Configurações do menu do proprietário do rádio

I do not talk about bands 1,2,3,4, frequencies
I speak regularly tx so that the voice does not come out so sharp
Of the modulation type of HF radios

I do not know if I understand myself now
In the maxlog version in the 25 and 26 panel here we do not have this in the panel
Are you saying you want to change the Frequency response? Which microphone are you using?
Without making major modifications to the radio I would recommend this particular microphone for maximum clarity.
$_1.JPG

Reactions: aranha
This is 6000 Hertz wide and you would have to vacation up here in the United States to get this done because this guy doesn't ship outside of the country.
He is very expensive also to get this work done. I think that Palomar microphone will be the most value for the money with the least amount of effort.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated