• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Meter Tune-up?

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
I don't have a meter hooked up to my radio all of time. In fact, the only time I do have one inline is to test out a new radio - or be certain that my built-in SWR meter is still reliably accurate.

Problem is - is there info available to make internal adjustments for my Dosy available? I wouldn't know where to look. Has anybody had to calibrate their Dosy, Radio Shack, or Astatic meters to be sure they are relatively accurate for non true PEP reading meters? Any info available?

dont you know those "Dosy, Radio Shack, or Astatic" meters are all crap !!
if you aint got a bird youre a big dummy !!!
5XN9BY2Q68.aHR0cDovL2JsaXBwaXR0LmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAwOS8wMS95b3UtYmlnLWR1bW15LmpwZw==....

Build some offset terminations and test it.

i.e. use a 75, 25, 100, 150 ohm resistor, then you can also add some reactance to see how it handles it.

If you have a scope you can measure the voltage on a 50 ohm purely resistive load and compare the calculated power to what the meter says, depending on how accurate your scope is...otherwise compare to a good known power meter.

Internal adjustments should be fairly easy to find as they are rather simple devices. You could always twist knobs and see what happens. It's fun!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.