• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland Model 77-838?

skirk55

Nov 6, 2006
Bucks County Pa. 18940
A friend of mine gave me a CB to use until I get my Cobra repaired or replaced. This Midland radio has a volume control and channel selector buttons on the mike. I like this radio. Can anyone tell me anything about this radio. I like the more than my Cobra 25 LTD. 8)

IM a very big fan of the older late 70s Midland 40 channel radios , they have some of the cleanest crisp audio I've ever heard off there own stock mic's. Proper tuning is always a plus 55 , and that radio will tune up very nicely as well as having more channels off the O2A Pll. Those radios are still around today because they were made well , Sherman Tanks come to mind . :) IM not real fond of this model only because it has a 6 or 9 pin mic plug , they are not the easiest to come by nowadays but that still does not take away from the radio being a very decent one. I know a guy using one for a base right now and he is one of the cleanest audio stations out there and he is only using the stock 600 ohm mic that came with the radio. I honestly don't care what anybody says but as far as my ears are concerned over the years , those old Midlands have some of the nicest audio I've ever heard to this day after a slight tune and on there own stock mic's.
midland77838.JPG

ya i have the exact same model midland 77-838 ,it's good i just wish i could get the noaa radio stations..........but it has the best audio,i'm currently using it as a base station with two metal hangers as an antenna untill i can get an antenna.

I actually have one of those Lords has it along with several other things that I needed looked at that I neeed to pick up due to him not having time to look at the stuff. I will send mine out to get it fixed or sell it as is.

Isnt that mic connecter crazy with the squared pin holes??

Any chance you know how best to clean the knobs/switches on the Midland 77-838? I'm trying to get mine working better and in the process feel like it could use a good polish. Thanks!

I actually have one of those Lords has it along with several other things that I needed looked at that I neeed to pick up due to him not having time to look at the stuff. I will send mine out to get it fixed or sell it as is.

Isnt that mic connecter crazy with the squared pin holes??
IM a very big fan of the older late 70s Midland 40 channel radios , they have some of the cleanest crisp audio I've ever heard off there own stock mic's. Proper tuning is always a plus 55 , and that radio will tune up very nicely as well as having more channels off the O2A Pll. Those radios are still around today because they were made well , Sherman Tanks come to mind . :) IM not real fond of this model only because it has a 6 or 9 pin mic plug , they are not the easiest to come by nowadays but that still does not take away from the radio being a very decent one. I know a guy using one for a base right now and he is one of the cleanest audio stations out there and he is only using the stock 600 ohm mic that came with the radio. I honestly don't care what anybody says but as far as my ears are concerned over the years , those old Midlands have some of the nicest audio I've ever heard to this day after a slight tune and on there own stock mic's.
midland77838.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated