1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midnight Special MF-300

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Grogan, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Grogan

Grogan
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I have a midnight special MF-300 It's a mosfet amp Low,med high with preamp and auto ssb. does anybody know any thing about this amp.I don't think it's working properly. I think it.s one driving two. from X-force.
    showing low 30 rms 100 peak
    med 32 rms 115 peak
    high 36 rms 130 peak all with a 2 watt rms dead key

2. Grogan

Grogan
    Expand Collapse

IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1033.JPG

3. Grogan

Grogan
    Expand Collapse

some how the pics uploaded more than once. only 2 photos they are erf7530's
    thanks

4. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver
    Expand Collapse

X-Force no longer makes that amplifier because the finals are no longer made. These are the same finals in the RFX-75 outboard amplifiers that several Magnum radio's use. After Sam Lewis from RF Limited (Magnum) passed away many Magnum radio's ceased production. What ever company was making these finals for magnum pulled the plug as well. Magnum has never stated what final it was that they had re-stamped as an ERF-7530.

That said hopefully what ever the issue is it's not a blown final, if it is good luck finding a replacement. So far no one has nailed down what actual part number it is. Good luck.

5. Grogan

Grogan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for that info. Was wonder what the amp wil do and if my numbers are ok or way off . thanks again