• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MOBIL 1 ANNUAL PROTECTION MOTOR OIL

The bearings in the lower end aren't as picky about exact pressures as the new valve train stuff can be, if you have enough pressure you're good. With most VVT systems everything is hydraulic and it works off of oil pressure. And it is tuned so that the wrong amount of pressure, either low or high, can cause problems. It is quite possible for the pressure to be perfectly fine for the lower end while being out of spec for the valve train and if it ain't right actual damage can be done. Things really are different with some of these new engines.

I can see that. Another good reason not to cheap out on filters. My comment was about dry starts due to poor anti drain back valve, the slower the oil pressure rises the more wear. I do admit that I am not up to date on modern gasoline engines.

Mfg. info on my truck (2012 1/2 Silverado) Oil Change every 7500 miles...the On-Board computer even reminds you...
The every 3000 mile change is a myth of the Oil Change "Quickies"...Old 20+ year old clunkers and Hot Rods using old petroleum based oil products...yea maybe...
But today's Natural Gas based Synthetics can go above 10,000+ miles with good filters...especially if most are Hi-way based miles...
Good Air/Fuel/Oil filters are best defense in today's' engine wear...
I prefer WIX (NAPA/Valvoline) Filters in most cases.
Oil - Valvoline Dexos/(NAPA) or Castrol are my choices (hold on to your shorts ( $8.00 USD a quart)- but worth it I believe...oil chance about $75-90 USD is common for most 1/2-3/4 Ton trucks today with towing packages
2012 Silverado Z71- Z85 Sport Suspension and towing package

Coming up on 5 years old now 120,000 miles and counting...No major failures (few Hoses) Heater hose craped out on Christmas Day last year during cold snap...
Change Belts/Tranny service/plugs and wires... etc at 100,000 miles
And I run Alcohol based fuels(E85) when ever price is right! That V8 327 (325-5,3L) LOVES it!!!
All the Best
Gary

just sales hype.
All M1 oils recommend an annual change, It's the mileage that determines the the OCI.

Regular M1 at 10K or one year,which ever comes first.
EP at 15K or one year, which ever comes first.

$49 a jug (walmart price). I'll continue with Extended Performance at $28 a jug and do just as well.

I was at walmart today and bought 2 jugs of Mobil 1 EP 5w-20 oil for $25.47 a jug!

Mfg. info on my truck (2012 1/2 Silverado) Oil Change every 7500 miles...the On-Board computer even reminds you...
The every 3000 mile change is a myth of the Oil Change "Quickies"...Old 20+ year old clunkers and Hot Rods using old petroleum based oil products...yea maybe...
But today's Natural Gas based Synthetics can go above 10,000+ miles with good filters...especially if most are Hi-way based miles...
Good Air/Fuel/Oil filters are best defense in today's' engine wear...
I prefer WIX (NAPA/Valvoline) Filters in most cases.
Oil - Valvoline Dexos/(NAPA) or Castrol are my choices (hold on to your shorts ( $8.00 USD a quart)- but worth it I believe...oil chance about $75-90 USD is common for most 1/2-3/4 Ton trucks today with towing packages
2012 Silverado Z71- Z85 Sport Suspension and towing package

Coming up on 5 years old now 120,000 miles and counting...No major failures (few Hoses) Heater hose craped out on Christmas Day last year during cold snap...
Change Belts/Tranny service/plugs and wires... etc at 100,000 miles
And I run Alcohol based fuels(E85) when ever price is right! That V8 327 (325-5,3L) LOVES it!!!
All the Best
Gary

What is the fuel mileage difference between E85 and regular?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.