• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile H2

My brother in law had an H2 a few years back. He waxed and buffed it incessantly. I picked my nephews up to go trapping one day and noticed he was getting ready to start his ritual.

I crawled underneath real fast and tightened a large 3' zip tie on his drive shaft. Got a text few hours later wanting help diagnosing a terrible noise.

Great fun that was. I still have a handful of those ties. Need to find another culprit.

Reactions: 4 people
My brother in law had an H2 a few years back. He waxed and buffed it incessantly. I picked my nephews up to go trapping one day and noticed he was getting ready to start his ritual.

I crawled underneath real fast and tightened a large 3' zip tie on his drive shaft. Got a text few hours later wanting help diagnosing a terrible noise.

Great fun that was. I still have a handful of those ties. Need to find another culprit.

If you really want to get'em good, a hose clamp or wire

What works real well is the " Fold Down " 110 inch whip.
made with a Hustler Folding Shaft and a cut down stainless steel whip.
(that's what the loop body brace is for) the SWR stays at 1.3 to 1.5 at max
power out. Thread in different whip lengths for freqs you need to work...

Attachments

• Mobile H2. 07.JPG
    Mobile H2. 07.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Mobile H2. 08.JPG
    Mobile H2. 08.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 288
Why are you using the Yaseu when you have the ICOM that has UHF/VHF already? Even though the ICOM covers the same thing as the HR-2510, I can understand you wanting to use it due to the reported audio quality (never had one don't know first hand). Seems like you could do some consolidating?

You can't be running DX on 20m while monitoring the local 2m or 70cm repeater with just the Icom. You can also be talking away on the repeater while scanning or listen for a DX station. I always ran an Icom IC-2000H 2m radio as well as a Yaesu FT-857D in the mobile for that very reason. Same thing at home. I run a separate 2m radio in addition to a separate 6m receiver even though my FT-857D covers both those bands and more.

That's fair. I have limited space in my Xterra that I would never want to run a bunch of radios.

It,s not 102, it,s 110 inch for 10 and 11 meters. there is a 1.6 on 11m with a 2kw dead key.
the antenna works well. it seems to favor the larger diameter aluminum shaft loading into
the more tapered stainless steel whip. it makes a really nice taper form the mounting ball
to the tip of the whip. the stainless steel whip can be replaced with different lengths ,
for Freq's you want to work....

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated