• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Modified Vector 4000

My GainMaster was junk, crap, trash, poop - until I elevated it well up & away from any other antennas, trees, wires, yellow jacket nests, etc, then it woke the F#c% up!
Now it bests the metal 5/8 by the exact 2dB claimed.

Center fed verticals like the Gainmaster are like that. They don't like to be close to an earth. That first wavelength or so in height above an earth makes a night and day difference.

The DB

I believe the base of the GM was elevated to 42' the first time I noticed that phenomenon.

Bob, I don't know if this is the LW 150 you comment about above, but this is what I have on the topic. Maybe it will help. This is one of the two Sigmas that my no good buddy threw away recently. Maybe you remember me telling you about that story.

View attachment 1708

View attachment 1709

I have one Complete LW-150 antenna & lots of parts of another one that I was given Today.One was in a sealed box but when I opened it there was everything except the instruction sheet.I am glad it was still in the box or I would have had no idea what it was.The 2nd antenna is missing the black plastic pieces & most of the hardware but all of the aluminum is still shiny like a New Dime.I even have the 2nd set of the pieces that make the ring so I have lots of spare parts.Could you post a full size copy of the instructions or maybe convert them to a pdf file so I could print them? I am attempting to print these now.I have searched the web & yours are the 1st I have found but it is to small to read so still not much help.Thanks much & God bless.

SIX-SHOOTER

Last edited:
6 shooter try this PDF file link below. It won't be of much help but I think this antenna kit was made fixed setup using screws. It does require some tuning however.

Good luck.

I found this link using "WWDX Search" ---- searhing for "Larry 150".

UPGRADING THE CTE INTERNATIONAL LW-150

No, my 2000 GTL recap cost a bit more than I predicted it would so I must wait until next month to buy the 4000. No big deal as they're on Amazon for $140 shipped. I just didn't want to find a better setup after I paid for my 4000. The usual. :)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I just wanted to add a link to my Vector 4K install. It has measurements and a copy of the assembly instructions. Also detailed is the tilt over mast install, if anyone needs more measurements just let me know and I will tip it down and throw a tape on it. I had read this thread when I was trying to decide what antenna to buy and I didn't understand some of it at the time. Now that I an reading back through this, it is more clear to me. This is the best web forum for learning about radios and hope to contribute any way I can.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/sirio-new-vector-4000-install.226677/

IMG_20180517_141058315.jpg

I almost forgot about the "bird ball" on the top of some Sirio base antennas. I've put this one up and a Sirio 2016. Within a year (depending on your bird population) both had birds land on that ball and jump off in a hurry. As soon as a decent size one jumps off to fly, it will bend the top element. I cut the ball off now and just extend the whip a few inches to compensate for resonance.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated