• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motorola MCS2000 Programming?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Anyone on here good at programming the Motorola MCS2000 ??

0-10 0 being a no 10 being a yes i am at 9 on purchasing one for my base... want the model that covers only VHF and can TX on local Ham repeaters. i don't need it to scan local pd as i have scanners on radio just for that.

I guess there is multiple models of this radio so next Q is which one do i need?
Really i wouldn't mind installing it mobile and using the FTM350 as the base

GRNMotorolaMCS2000.jpg

Have a look at the batlabs web site for info
Batwing Laboratories

You can get ribless cables off eBay, the rss can be hard to come by. Just join a yahoo group for that radio and they will point you in the right direction

Edit... For the cost and dramas it would be better to go with one of the TYT mobile radios off eBay with nearly twice the output of the MCS and half the cost and it is also self programmable with open TX

Edit... For the cost and dramas it would be better to go with one of the TYT mobile radios off eBay with nearly twice the output of the MCS and half the cost and it is also self programmable with open TX

Hi can't the 125w 800mhz be pre programmed for VHF ?
Also can you link me to the tyt mobile ?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.