• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mr jiggs noise toys

Steve Hurst

Sep 16, 2017
Allentown, PA
I have these old MR jiggs noise toys. They came out of a old cobra 2000gtl base. To many wires were broken off to try to reinstall so I removed them. They are from the 70's by what the wife of the inventor told me (inventor has pass away). She gave me info to the person who bought all the leftovers and rights but he can not be found. I have called many number and web searched for a month with no luck. Is their any one here who could tell me the wiring for them? One has an M on it and one has a N one it . The M chip has black,white,yellow,green and orange as shown in pic, the one with the N has red, violet,black,light blue,white. Any help would be much appreciated
Steve

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 72

Okay, this is just a guess:
M chip:
Black: pcb ground
White: toy sound audio-out lead
Yellow: 8 or 12 volts
Green: receive pin
Orange: transmit pin

These could be all wrong so I would wait till you get some details from whomever bought all of Mr. Jigg's inventory.

N chip
red: 8 or 12 Volts
black: pcb ground
white: audio
light blue: rx pin
violet: tx pin

I don't want you to fry these, so It would be a big help if you had snipped the toy out and could go back to the radio they came out of, and note where each color wire was attached, I think they only use five wires, some only use four.. but the connections I imagine would be:

8 or 12 VDC <- usually red
Ground <- usually black
Sound effect Audio Out <- usually white but not always
RX pin (seen it green on a roger bleep)
TX pin (seen it orange on a roger bleep)

it might be that you can wire one module different ways, trigger the effect after un-key, trigger effect at the time of key-up, or simple push button triggering.

Last edited:
The best way to hook up a noise toy is to the output of your speaker so you are the person forced to listen to those terrible things. No one wants that forced on them. That is on the air the same as your neighbor turning up their music and forcing you to hear it. No wants that. Hook them up to your MP3 player and you can listen to them to your heart's content.

Reactions: mrgumby
I have these old MR jiggs noise toys. They came out of a old cobra 2000gtl base. To many wires were broken off to try to reinstall so I removed them. They are from the 70's by what the wife of the inventor told me (inventor has pass away). She gave me info to the person who bought all the leftovers and rights but he can not be found. I have called many number and web searched for a month with no luck. Is their any one here who could tell me the wiring for them? One has an M on it and one has a N one it . The M chip has black,white,yellow,green and orange as shown in pic, the one with the N has red, violet,black,light blue,white. Any help would be much appreciated
Steve

The best way to hook up a noise toy is to the output of your speaker so you are the person forced to listen to those terrible things. No one wants that forced on them. That is on the air the same as your neighbor turning up their music and forcing you to hear it. No wants that. Hook them up to your MP3 player and you can listen to them to your heart's content.
And here we go. I knew the posters with nothing to add but hate would show up. If you cant help the op move on and go hate something else. Guys like you are the reason i run my roger beep, ESPECIALLY on ssb!

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.