• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MY 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS NOW BEGAN STUDYING

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Well my youngest daughter is now studying for her Tech license. She started tonight and man o man is she excited LOL. Shes all gitty happy she wants that callsign let me tell you.

Its going to take some time but with the help of the others in the house it will all workout great. She also like my son really wants to get into the ISS stuff. Good lord there going to have me busy with setups over here LOL. Im still working on my wifes mobile setup. With being sick on and off it gets a little tough and time consuming.

I think Im just seeting her car up with a 10 through 12 meter antenna for now and need to get her a better 2 meter antenna the one shes working with is ok and was made or altered from a radio shack CB antenna its ok for now. I will just wait and get her something a little nicer by spring.

As far as the kids I am so proud of them for everything they have done with this radio Licensing and other things (hunter safety ,atv,snowmobile ETC) My health is up and down do to Cancer and it makes me feel go to see the accomplish these things and take time to even do them.

I laugh now because I told each kid Ide work on putting them a radio setup together for themselves now Ill have 1 more to do with my youngest LOL. I was always worried about what would happen to all my radio equipment CB/Amateur collection if something should ever happen to me. What would they do with it? Do they know what everything is? Do they know what its worth so there not taken for a ride or just plain ripped off?

There a pretty smart bunch so tghere catching on quick on what everything is so that worries going away. Ill tell you it really grabbed my heart when my youngest daughter grabbed that book tonight and came to me and said daddy?? I looked and there in her little hand was that ARRL Tech study guide what was I to say to that? I about melted and was kind of shacked it caught me off guard..

Anyways Its really awsome and makes a guy feel pretty damn good that he has his family behind him not only in health issues but in this great radio hobby. I will from time to time be posting things in the swap section to help get these setups put together. Being disabled really rots when it comes to not being able to just buy on impulse but with listing things I dont use it will help out with the station buildings I have ahead of me.

Anyways Ive recieved alot of helpfull information and such on this sight alone Ive spoke to some of you buy phone aswell rather it would be technical or just a plain out simple question / converstion this site has helped me to also help my family and others Its a great site and there are a few good sites out there to be a part of when is great I know this is a place where my other family members can go to ask there questions and in return get the answers they were after.

Thanks forum and watch in the future for some new little members.....Tony

Tony,

I'm glad that the radio hobby is bringing your family together and helping your family be able to do something that everyone is enjoying together. I'm really glad that our website has helped you guys in some little way that is making your family stronger. Your message shows that if we try to build a community that helps others instead of constantly criticizing, it goes a long way toward promoting the radio hobbies.

Have fun and keep us posted on your daughter's progress! BTW, I'll be jealous if your son starts working the ISS...I've never had the time to do that!

P.S. I hope you showed your family your station pics on the home page this week...those were put up even before you made this post!

Thanks I appreciate that and Im sure she will to. Ill tell ya she sure is excited about it she had that book open twice tonight I told her she has a few months and shes to take her time and not over do it and ware herself out with it.

Shes funny she LOVES TO READ but some of the words dont trip her up they are mind wise throwing her down a flight of stairs but I help her with the words when she asks and then explain what it means and shes remembering so thats a plus. She tells herself a few times what the word means then reads on kind of neet to watch her. i think tomorrow Kim (my wife) has off work and she will sit down with her and look at the question pool.

This will deffinately be interesting a few of the clubs are pretty anxious with here doing this as so are we. Its going to take a bit more help but shes been around radios since she was born so she actually understands alot shes talked 11 meter SSB to her mom so she has some of the concept. Shes funny she knows all our callsigns sometimes she says mine to get my attention if she has to say dad more than a few times I look at her then she smiles or laughs :)

she knows all our callsigns sometimes she says mine to get my attention if she has to say dad more than a few times
That might just have to go down as the most memorable WWRF quote of the year ;)

I find that funny aswell shes something else let me tell you LOL It can be a exspensive hobby mole but you know as I said I have to sacrifice some things to get others but I just dont look at it like that anymore.

Alot of things changed after my Cancer I guess its what some would call A REAL EYE OPENER I can honestly say I look at things and well life alot different and to get my family together in doing this hobby its really kind of cool. With my Illness my health is up and down we say here in the house its a rollercoaster ride but we hang in there and do the best we can in dealing with it.

My son I think is the most worried it really hits him hard when I get into a sick episode he lays with me and talks talks talks I think its because hes nerovous if that makes sense? He asks alot of questions which Im glad he does rather it be on my health or radio related that little guy is always at my side then again hes my only boy ( I say hes my right hand man) I love them all the same and sometimes look at them and think about all the what ifs but I cant dwell on that or they will start to and we cant afford that.

I just keep them busy doing things and even when Im not feeling so good I keep going with them they keep me going . This is buy far the toughest thing but I couldnt be anymore proud of these kids for just being who they are there well known in school there good kids and often in our newspaper for school activities and student of the month type things. My son last year one an online contest and the Govenors wife had called him at school and then came to meet him infront of the entire school now that was cool.

Anyways all I can say is everyone needs to just look forward and dont look back at the bad or you just might miss some of the good things because of dwelling on the past and looking back. Your family is more important than you will ever know and sometimes by the time one realizes it well its to late. Sometimes its hard to work together but not everything in life is easy and thats part of lifes building blocks. A little work will take you a long way.

Ok Im done rambling on I havent been feeling gopod and Ive been sleeping for $H!+ so I been up late quite a bit Ok Im off to bed you all behave. (y):)

LMAO@skip hey if someone would have told you that it wasnt necessary to try and contact a marsian or someone from the planet of the apes it would have went smoother and the stuying may have been a few months shorter aswell LMA:drool:

dxChat
Help Users