• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MY CURRENT SETUP.

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
Unamplified d104, Demco modulator on the sonar 2340. Silver eagle (with fet mod) on the Madison. Madison has vfo and frequency counter. It is the final Madison and had the digital clock before it was replaced with the frequency counter (freq. counter and vfo purchased from eBay seller fastrack*09.) The phantom is in use with the Madison, and the Palomar 300a with the sonar 2340. Autek WM 1 meter. IMAX 2000.
20170208_202229.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: codeman and Robb

Unamplified d104, Demco modulator on the sonar 2340. Silver eagle (with fet mod) on the Madison. Madison has vfo and frequency counter. It is the final Madison and had the digital clock before it was replaced with the frequency counter (freq. counter and vfo purchased from eBay seller fastrack*09.) The phantom is in use with the Madison, and the Palomar 300a with the sonar 2340. Autek WM 1 meter. IMAX 2000. View attachment 20820
Only thing legal in that pic is the Sonar lol. Nice station setup! I always did like the Madison.
Nope. The audio limiter board has been bypassed. Technically I think that puts it in the same category as everything else in the photo. :)

It's actually an older photo. I had room on top of the Madison so I put the Demco on top of it. I also replaced the president speaker with a cobra hg s500 ($29) for the Madison and it worked so well I bought a $12 exstenal speaker for the sonar. It to sounds so much better than the original built in sonar speaker.
20170601_203019.jpg

Only thing legal in that pic is the Sonar lol. Nice station setup! I always did like the Madison.
The sonar has it's audio limiter (clipper) board bypassed.
So your intial thought was almost correct.
The only thing that's actually legal would be my unamplified high z d104.
But since it's on top of the amp and out of the picture I'll let that one slide lol. I would love to run everything legal but no one would hear me.
And imo the Madison wouldn't look as nice, access all those sweet frequencies above 40 (free bands) and I'd have to flip switches in order to access those frequencies. Then keep checking out a piece of paper to see where I was without the frequency counter. The sonar wouldn't be as loud. As far as second Harmonix and splatter, I've never gotten any complaints. I'm actually happy about that as I don't want to be one of those stations. It might be happening but as I mentioned not a single complaint in four years. With my imax 2000 8' off the ground no one would ever hear me without the amps. So for me it's a nessasery evil. In all honesty if the imax were 40' in the air I'd still use the amps. I do understand that making the excuse that everyone else is doing it isn't valid. So I'll take the fact that I don't run 4-12 watts and say I do that because I want to. I'm sure there are people who run stock but the people who usually tell me they're running stock I almost always find out they're on a HF Mars modified transciver. Lol!
I've made a few changes since that photo was taken. I put the Phantom away and replaced it with a Palomar 350z. I also had the silver eagle (you don't see) fet modified. It's the best investment I've ever made as far as a mic.
Loosecannon did the mod and I've lost count of how many people on SSB (where I use the mic with the Madison) asked me what mic I was using. The mod gave the mic some nice lo's as opposed to the high pitched nasally sound of the d104 Silver Eagle.
Before the mod not a single person ever asked which mic or complimented my audio. Thanks for the thumbs up and reply to my post and photo. 73's

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated