• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My HN-31 is in intensive care... :(

The broken straps are silver-plated copper, and fairly thin stock at that.

Cutting and punching new replacements from copper strap would work, but I would worry about oxidation on an exposed copper surface.

Probably not a lot of dissolved oxygen in the oil, though. Plain copper strap might just stay shiny enough to work fine. Never have tried it.

The broken straps are silver-plated copper, and fairly thin stock at that.

Cutting and punching new replacements from copper strap would work, but I would worry about oxidation on an exposed copper surface.

Probably not a lot of dissolved oxygen in the oil, though. Plain copper strap might just stay shiny enough to work fine. Never have tried it.

Would cutting replacements from copper strap and tinning them with solder work?

I suspect a clean and shiny copper surface is better than coating it with solder. Keeping the surface flat so that it makes good contact with the metalized ends of the resistor is important. A layer of solder would be lumpier, and the resistance would be higher than a plain copper surface, sanded bright before you clamp it together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated