• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MY PRAYERS GO OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
My prayers go out to the families of those who lost their lives, and were injured in what is currently being reported as a terrorist attack in NYC.
As a New Yorker, and foremost an American my heart is heavy.
I wish there were a solution to the madness that these radical Islamic terrorists seem to insist on inflicting Upon Our Land, and freedom-loving people..
Rationally I know that it's not right to impugn a whole people because of the actions of a few, but I'm angry!
Islamic leaders rarely if ever come out publicly to condemn the actions committed by people who are part of their religious family, and community.
Islamic leaders need to step up to the plate, and condemn the actions committed by their brethren.
Islamic leaders need to let those with intentions of murdering innocent people in the name of their religion that they will go to hell for committing these acts, and will not being rewarded in heaven. These animals twist the words in the Koran in order to justify their Acts. Muhammad is turning over in his grave. Any Muslim who believes that killing innocent people is written somewhere in the Kuran, can't truly be a Muslim. Or doesn't understand the book.
I have to believe that Islamic leaders believe that the crimes committed in the name of their religion are fine and dandy.
If Christians murdered Muslims in the street you can bet your bottom dollar that the church would be the first to condemn the acts.
If a Jews were to murder Muslims rabbis would condemn those Acts (even with their present and past history of hatred towards each other.)
If Protestants murdered Muslims Protestant leaders would condemn those Acts.
Etc etc etc etc
This leads me to believe that Muslim leaders praise these acts once the doors of their mosques are closed.
And if this is indeed the case then maybe our country needs to get a grip on what appears to be a hateful degenerate religion.
If you happen to be a Muslim and are insulted by my comments I apologize.
But I believe in what I said above to be true. I didn't always feel this way.
Where are the cries of the Islamic leaders (imam's.)
Our country was built on freedom of religion. Unfortunately times have changed, and maybe, just maybe we are going to have to truly consider Muslims on a whole as enemy's of America, and the freedoms we afford not only to our citizens, but even 'guests" may have to be reconsidered..
Must we revert back to a Times of the Knights Templar?
Maybe so. Maybe so!

Last edited:

... edit.... These animals twist the words in the Koran in order to justify their Acts. Muhammad is turning over in his grave. Any Muslim who believes that killing innocent people is written somewhere in the Kuran, can't truly be a Muslim....

Well, I'm not gonna go into a long geo-political rant, but,.. that IS exactly what the Quran states.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...iolence.aspx&usg=AOvVaw3Hw0jAAu1ZAwhTdg0lgfiL

As a side note, I find it(somewhat) ironic that 6 of the 8 innocent people that were murdered were not even Americans. they were visitors from South America.

Well, I'm not gonna go into a long geo-political rant, but,.. that IS exactly what the Quran states.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

A friend of mine got tired of all the differing reports on just what the Quran actually says so he bought a copy just to see for himself just what's in it, he would agree with the above. It may say that killing innocent people is bad but it also specifically states that all non-Muslims are not innocent.

A friend of mine got tired of all the differing reports on just what the Quran actually says so he bought a copy just to see for himself just what's in it, he would agree with the above. It may say that killing innocent people is bad but it also specifically states that all non-Muslims are not innocent.
I wasn't going to actually reply to the previous comment on 8-12 in the Kuran.
But I'm familiar with 8-12 because it's often referred to as proof that Mohammed suggested that those who are not Muslim and cannot be converted should be killed.
8-12 refers to the murder of pagans that over ran Bubr in the seventh century, and enslaved Muslims. The words written in 8-12 have been written thousands of years before, and up until the present time in some form or another.. War is war. 8-12 was written during 7th century wartime. During war times people kill their enemies.
Herein lies the problem. The same way it was taken out of context by Road Skywalker is the same way it's taken out of context by extremists.
I as a Christian am all too familiar with those who take the words of the New Testament literally, and often take them out of context to suit their own agendas, and beliefs.

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
the christian bible is full of evil also . read exodus chapter 21 (moses still talking after giving the 10 commandments) giving instructions on owning slaves and how to brutalize them .or how about commanding the butchering of children and even cutting then from their mothers womb just to butcher the unborn ....
Hosea 13:16New International Version (NIV)
16 The people of Samariamust bear their guilt,
because they have rebelledagainst their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashedto the ground,
their pregnant womenripped open.”a]"

1 Samuel 15:3New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

all religions are based on lies told by small groups of men to control large groups of people . crusades , holy wars , witch burning , declaring native americans godless heathen savages ....... be-headings ..... all bought on by miss guided faith in a non existent being supposedly based on love . the idiocy is astounding !

the christian bible is full of evil also . read exodus chapter 21 (moses still talking after giving the 10 commandments) giving instructions on owning slaves and how to brutalize them .or how about commanding the butchering of children and even cutting then from their mothers womb just to butcher the unborn ....
Hosea 13:16New International Version (NIV)
16 The people of Samariamust bear their guilt,
because they have rebelledagainst their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashedto the ground,
their pregnant womenripped open.”a]"

1 Samuel 15:3New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

all religions are based on lies told by small groups of men to control large groups of people . crusades , holy wars , witch burning , declaring native americans godless heathen savages ....... be-headings ..... all bought on by miss guided faith in a non existent being supposedly based on love . the idiocy is astounding !
Just another example of misunderstanding or lack of knowledge. Exodus is not the Christian Bible my friend. Exodus is located in the Old Testament. The Old Testament was written thousands of years before Jesus Christ was born. The Old Testament is the book of the judaic religion. Not Catholicism. I guess in my old age I have forgotten the lessons I learned growing up in my Brooklyn neighborhood. One lesson was no discussion of religion amongst friends or business associates.
The other lesson was no politics.
I once understood why these were subjects I stayed away from. And even though I started the post I will be kindly dropping out. If anybody else wants to share their opinion that's their right. But I myself won't be reading them and obviously not replying to them. Good luck my friends. let it fly.

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye
Just another example of misunderstanding or lack of knowledge. Exodus is not the Christian Bible my friend. Exodus is located in the Old Testament. The Old Testament was written thousands of years before Jesus Christ was born. The Old Testament is the book of the judaic religion. Not Catholicism. I guess in my old age I have forgotten the lessons I learned growing up in my Brooklyn neighborhood. One lesson was no discussion of religion amongst friends or business associates.
The other lesson was no politics.
I once understood why these were subjects I stayed away from. And even though I started the post I will be kindly dropping out. If anybody else wants to share their opinion that's their right. But I myself won't be reading them and obviously not replying to them. Good luck my friends. let it fly.

Aaaaaaannd that makes it a good time to do the inevitable. Given the state of world affairs today and the volatility of the subject I suggest anyone wishing to continue this discussion do so here. Pick a site

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.