• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a lil help with the TEABERRY RANGER " T " ssb mobile please

Yeah I've got 2 of these Teaberry Ranger T's but that darn MB8709 PLL chip is nearly undocumented. So far I've found no info on that chip's layout. It cost alot of money to have someone redesign that area so I need that info ASAP...

Thanks for the reply 73's, Retro
I put them for anyone else to look over, maybe jog someones memory.
Nice looking rig.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
sorry for the necropost, i got one of these radios too from the goodwill. I was hoping this forum would have the info, but i guess mine is stock. mine has the same amount of glue dumped in it as shown in the pictures 357 posted :)

mine has very low modulation, im just wondering if anyone found a way to raise the modulation on it.

have you looked at the secret cb books over at cbtricks. there is a channel mod for the mb8709 chip for upper channels. they show some other items for it. just take a look at those books. may help some.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
ok thanks, hopefully it has something for modulation :)

edit: RV1 is the modulation pot :)

Last edited:
Definitely NOT made by Uniden.

The board looks like stuff made by either "NDK" or "NDI" back in the 70s.

Not listed in the Sams "CB" series index.

A genuine orphan. Pretty sure Teaberry dropped this vendor and went with Uniden for all the 40 channel radios made after this one.

The MB8709 doesn't show up in Lou Franklin's PLL Data Book, either.

I don't see anything in the secret cb books on cb tricks about these teaberry ranger t's or the MB8709 PLL, can you enlighten me where at sonoma ???

73's cheers, Retro

Well now that I have another Teaberry Ranger "T", and Nomad replaced the 2 switches somebody had already put on the chassis, we're getting somewhere... LOL !
Turns out, this particular setup gets me channels extra 41-59 ! With one of the switches aides in getting me the Alpha or RC channnels, and the other for some free band with dial on channel 12 for 42 or put it on 11 and with other switch flipped you get channel 41... Pretty cool as is !

Just need to get the mic jack put to 4pin Cobra swapping out pins 2 and 4 for audio next, along with locating the ALC adjustment and check the bias because SSB is hairy around the edges and may be flat topping. She's not pretty atm, but will swap out the front with another I have !

Oh and maybe have the clarifer unlocked...

Thanks to Nomad and the seller I got this from cheers !

73's, Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.