• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED HELP WITH OLDER LAFAYETTE 625

cottentop

Nov 21, 2008
the panhandel of WV
Hi i have an older lafayette 625 from around 1970 0r even 1974 i need the
power and modulation pot's it is old and it is do for a tune up but my tech closed shop cb is not real hot here i know you cant git swing from these but i would like to tune it a bit
ps befor you all git mad my cb tech did show me how to use a sams and a diddle stick LOL :D thanks in advance

Model 625:
RF POWER adjust A17 thru A27 for max output..
MODULATION adjust R7 or remove diode X11 to defeat limiter

Model 625A:
RF POWER L6 thru L11, VC1, L12, L13 adjust for max output.
MODULATION VR4 or remove D10 for limiter defeat.

If you run into problems, Both Sparky's CB Shack and DTB radio have worked on my Lafayette 640 from 1976. I have been keeping it going. Al at Sprky's was to first tech not to laugh at me on the telephone for asking about geeting such an old radio tuned. DTB had repaired the modulation circut for me recently- It started going off fequency. I was pleased with the results from both.

Secret Squirrel

HI secret squirrl
well dont feel bad i have i of each of my first radios i also have a hb23a put it on the pdc 600 tonight and some one has ben in it as it is at 5 Watts swing to 7 and modulation is at 90% and claer just has a loos wire in the mike plug i will use it as a spair for the atv i have a johnson 123 mounted to a 2004 400 cc atv so momma can call me for a hot meal or coffee while i plow snow funny i used a 3 ft fg antenna and only 7 feet of 8x and gat an swr of 1.5.1 loud and clear 73"s your way :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.