• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need info: Yaesu FTC-2640

Rcr619

Apr 21, 2015
I picked up a box of CB's at an auction sale, and this radio was sitting in the bottom of the box. Google hasn't turned up much info other than some specs on the radio museum site.

I'm more interested on knowing if this radio would be better off being sold, or if it should collect dust on the shelf. I don't have my ham ticket yet so I can't test it for TX, but I can hear static and distant/garbled voices with it hooked up to an antenna.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here are some horrible cell phone pictures
It powers up

Here is the mic it came with

Looks like it has an internal amp?

I think these are for the channels?

Here are some pics of the specs.
Hope these help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 341
As per the spec sheet above it's a 40 watt FM fixed (8) Channel rig with a frequency range of 134-174 MHz. I also see it listed as "Transmitter & Receiver (TRX not Amateur)" so I'm not sure if you would be able to use it on 2 Meters if there is an active 2 meter FM repeater in your area or not. I'm seeing some information that it has been described as "diode matrix programmable"

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.