• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Needing some u1 ca 3045 circuts

The CA3045 was first made and sold by RCA back in the 70s. It's a "transistor array", with 5 NPN transistors in it.

Gotta figure he wanted to build some "tweety bird" noise toys. That's the only thing I remember seeing them used for.

That chip was last made by Harris. Motorola also made one they called "MC3345".

The CA3046 (MC3346) will also work, pretty much as a direct substitute.

i am really happy that these are getting hard to find!

I've built a couple of these circuits over the years, but that was just for fun and they were never wired in to a radio and used.

I hate the tweety bird toys, and always thought of them as a sort of "comeback substitute" type of thing.

seems like the only guys that use them are the type that can't hold their own in a battle of wits and resort to keying these things up when they have run out of good responses.
LOL

LC

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Besides the others mentioned, a CA3086 or ECG912 are also substitutes. I could be wrong, but I think a CA3086 was used in the original tweety bird. A search of any one of these IC's on Ebay will bring up sellers. Who knows if they are any good. Too many fake parts on Ebay nowadays.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.