• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 148GTL question

H

Highlander821

I noticed that Cobra is selling an updated 148GTL model, since the ST models were a wash. Anybody know who is manufacturing these new radios? I just read on another forum that RCI is no longer producing the Texas Ranger TR-296 radios. Could this be because RCI is making the new 148's for Cobra and there is a licensing agreement? Just wondering if anyone knew the deal.

</p>

Maxon is building them, and they are still the same cheap radios that the ST series were.

</p>

You can put channels in them and they will do ok far as performance but it takes some work. They are not near as good radio as the ones made years ago.

</p>

Then your technician needs to read some books, they are in fact expandable, but the VCO isn't nearly as stable because of voltage fluctuation. There ARE fixes for this though.

</p>

Over the weekend I heard a good one on this. A guy at a cb shop his shop is in what I call a lawn mower shed behind a Pilot. Will call him Billy Bob. He is telling Truckers that they shouldn't buy Cobra 29's. They should buy Galaxy 33's. Because they do twice the power. I haven't had the chance to meet Billy Bob yet but I will have fun with him when I do.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated