• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Alinco DJ-G7 2m/440/1.2Ghz

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I was at the local HRO this past Saturday to pick up a couple of minor things and noticed that they now have the Alinco DJ-G7 in stock...well they DID have it in stock but they sold them all, even the display model. They said they can't keep it on the shelves long enough to even let people play with the demo model! The sales guys all said that they were very impressed with the radio - one thing they mentioned is how very rugged it is, and they all mentioned how well 1.2Ghz worked on the radio. Is anyone planning on picking this up to try out?

Here's a partial ist of features from Alinco's website:
  • Simultaneous full duplex operation of any two bands 144MHz, 430MHz, 1200MHz
  • Internal VOX
  • Large LCD full dot matrix screen with easy to see and understand display
  • Polycarbonate body ergonomically designed to fit the palm of your hand.
  • Die-cast chassis for rugability and to keep the RF-PA cool.
  • Twin "user assignable" controls with easy to use knobs for adjusting AF output and Squelch levels.
  • 39 CTCSS and 104 DCS encode/decode. Tone scan to detect unknown tones.
  • DTMF Auto-dialer for autopatch access. Up to 16 characters per group in 9 groups.
  • SMA antenna port for external antenna use.
  • Auto Power-Off, Bell, End-beep, Battery Save function, BCLO and more
  • Newly designed EBC-23 Swing belt clip
  • High-Capacity EBP-73 Li-ion 1200mAh battery and Drop-In charger are standard.
  • External DC power port supports 13.8V DC for mobile operation.
  • Auto-repeater* and conventional repeater operation * For USA repeater system
  • 1000 Memory Channels with programmable memory banks
djg7top.jpg

why can't i be made of money?

It would look nice next to my IC-7000, VX-8R, in my mansion on the hill, with the Shelby Cobra in the garage...

As the owner of the WWRF, you should contact Alinco and have them send you a sample to review here on the forum.

As the owner of the WWRF, you should contact Alinco and have them send you a sample to review here on the forum.

Ha! Well, I talked to them at Dayton about that! They said they would and I gave them my card. I still don't have one, so I guess we now know how that turned out.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated