• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Coax suggestions

Thanks for the tip, I normally use RG213/U for all my HF gear including mobile where I need something fairly rigid but still flexible enough for bends. I'll look into Jefa 213 when I need more.

Unless I misunderstood Grogan's post, All the RG213 coax have ever seen was a stranded center conductor.

213 is stranded. What I took from his post is that he knows people that had bad experiences with solid center conductor coax.

I have no issue with with the solid center conductor but I take extra care not to nick it when stripping and am very careful with it during the install. After that it is never moved again.

I agree with everyone that says the higher end coax is overkill for 27mhz..for most it really is. When I put up my tower I went with lmr600 for 2 reasons. Number 1 is power handling ability. The second reason is that I use that antenna for 10, 12 and 15 meters. Coax loss goes through the roof with high swr and every little bit helps.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
X2 on the Jefatec LMR400.

Just be aware that it is @ 1/2" thick and doesn't do 90 degree bends well. Good thing I don't mind looking at big bundles of wires in the shack and prefer performance over looks.

Reactions: PA629
213 is stranded. What I took from his post is that he knows people that had bad experiences with solid center conductor coax.

I have no issue with with the solid center conductor but I take extra care not to nick it when stripping and am very careful with it during the install. After that it is never moved again.

I agree with everyone that says the higher end coax is overkill for 27mhz..for most it really is. When I put up my tower I went with lmr600 for 2 reasons. Number 1 is power handling ability. The second reason is that I use that antenna for 10, 12 and 15 meters. Coax loss goes through the roof with high swr and every little bit helps.

Thats exactly what I did... When I installed my antenna I was initially going to install RG213 but I said to myself, you have a very nice setup why skimp on the coax, its one of the most important things as its part of your antenna system.. So I went ahead and purchased LMR600 ultra flex from ABR industries.. Overkill is sometimes best at least IMO...

Thats exactly what I did... When I installed my antenna I was initially going to install RG213 but I said to myself, you have a very nice setup why skimp on the coax, its one of the most important things as its part of your antenna system.. So I went ahead and purchased LMR600 ultra flex from ABR industries.. Overkill is sometimes best at least IMO...
What type of connectors did you use and where did you get them?

X2 on the Jefatec LMR400.

Just be aware that it is @ 1/2" thick and doesn't do 90 degree bends well. Good thing I don't mind looking at big bundles of wires in the shack and prefer performance over looks.

In the FWIW Dept., mark that up to X3 on the JefaTech 4000.

Davis rf buryflex is what I use. Flexable and the outer covering is bulletproof. Not really but you get it, Great stuff and as the name implies it can be buried underground.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?