• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Icom IC-9100 HF/2m/440/1.2/Dstar rig

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Check out this pre-release brochure for the Icom IC-9100. This looks like a replacement to the Icom 746Pro to me. They've added 440Mhz, optional 1.2Mhz & DStar. It also has a standard USB port now. I wonder how much this sucker will cost?

Attachments

• IC-9100_prerelease.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 203

Actually it is the replacement for the IC-910H
But i am surprised to see they added HF to it..
(or a updated version of the IC-901)

I was asking Icom about this radio 1.5 yrs ago.

Now it seems you have nearly all your bands in one radio
(less 220 band)

Here is a video link showing the radio
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/august2009/ic_9100_at_tokyo_ham_fair.htmWonder how much it will be..
Looks like i will have to get another radio..

Here is a video link showing it
IC-9100 at Tokyo Ham Fair 2009

Last edited:
Actually it is the replacement for the IC-910H
But i am surprised to see they added HF to it..
(or a updated version of the IC-901)

It sort of looks to me like the combined the 746Pro and the 910H into one rig. Not a bad idea, but I bet the price will be out of sight.

It's only good if.....

1. You don't mind putting all your eggs into one basket....
(if the radio breaks down, you loose everything)

2. You can afford what will most likely be a very high price tag....

It would make for a nice clean shack with just one main radio, however I like having my HF rig as a separate unit to my VHF/UHF rig, I often have both on at the same time, especially during hurricane season when I monitor VHF Skywarn nets, and the HF hurricane nets at the same time.

Actually..

Most resembles IC-910H
then ..........746 Pro
also replaces ID-1 ??

Regardless...Equals Expensive indeed..

I just saw an announcement from @DXStore on Twitter that the target price for this rig is $3000 and will ship by Dayton 2010. DXStore has the contract with Icom for their factory refurb units, so it's a pretty safe bet that the info is solid.

Looks like a good rig, but too rich for me...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated