• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW RF-2510 TRANSISTOR (MRF-477 SUBSTITUTE)

muppe62

Nov 12, 2011
HI FRIENDS

JUST ARRIVED!!! THE NEW RF-2510 REPLEASEMENT TRANSISTOR FOR THE HR2510,2600 AND LINCOLN. NOT AVIABLE ON USA UNTIL NOW. TECH QTY DISCOUNTS. MANY MORE PARTS OF HIGH QUALITY AVIABLE SOON LIKE THE 2SC2166, 2312,1696,MRF455,2979 AND 2990 ALL HIGH QUALITY PARTS - MADE WITH THE SAME SPECS TO PERFORM LIKE THE ORIGINAL PARTS AND EVEN BETTER - NOT FAKE PARTS OR JUNK FROM CHINA.

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS VIDEO:
RF-2510 (MRF477 SUBSTITUTE) - YouTube

MY EMAIL: hr-2510@email.com

THANKS!!!
L. RIVERA
73!

Yes, the mrf455 can be repleased with the 2sc1446, they are similar but to get a high output from both of them the tx section need some mods.

The rf-2510 is a very easy fix for radios that does not include the pill adapter pcb (hr2510,2600,2830 and old lincoln).

Installing a pill in a radio that does not came from factory with the pill pcb means more work that includes removing the back of the radio and all other stuffs, is a very hard job for many people and can be a high priced repair/mod.

With the rf-2510 just swap the bad mrf477 and install the new one, adjust ssb alc for desired level and adjust am/fm to the desired dead carrier level (no need to adjust bias).

As you can see on the video Im using a dummy load to perform the test to avoid on air interference.

Thanks!
L. Rivera

Hi Mike

What do you mean with sandpaper mod?
The 2sc1945 will never perform like this one.

Some people replease the mrf477 with the 2sc1945 but will never get the power you get with the moto mrf477 or rf2510. 2sc1945 and mrf477 are very very diferent parts with diferent gains, power disipation, operating frequency, etc... To my opinion repleasing the mrf477 with a 2sc1945 is like repleasing the engine of a mustang shelby with a volky engine.

Thanks
L. Rivera

C'mon 1945 can give me 4/21W with no voodoo dance. Enough.
I can buy them cheap from trusted seller, not someone hiding behind one-time email adress and fresh user account.
Sorry, it smells for me like a rip-off.
Mike

Reactions: tecnicoloco
I am also wondering what the original part number is on these transistors? Who is making them? Ill have to call around and see if these are legit or if anyone else has any info or knows about these. I imagine any of the 2510 specialty tech repair guys like Rogerbird or Doc has info on these seeings how these are the radios they are known for taking care of and performing their magic on and they should know about these. If legit its a cool thing if there overprints then that would be a shame and word would spread fast before to many people take it in the @$$.

Ok, I understarnd that is hard to beleive that after looking for long time for a good substitute for the mrf477 it was fanally found.
No matter what part number is on it (if any).... the most important thing is how it works.
This is not a junk part. The developers are very serius people.
The real benefit is that is just swap and adjust your carrier level and ssb alc and thats all you dont even need to adjust the bias.
Any one want to try it?
Thanks!!!

That is not the way I set bias is the way to install the old supermodulator mod as the vendor instructions from 1995. I dont know if this item is being sold at this time, it was just a 560ohm resistor. I know this is not the correct way to set them.... Is just an old trick to drop carrier to match an amp and it really do the work on AM but the ssb sound strange because of low final bias current.

the mrf455 can be found on ebay, rfparts and many other stores. Price is ok for now.... It was dicontinued. Manufatured by 6 diferents brand names under motorola licence and specs. Many clones are on the wild some goods and other not. The 2sc1446 can be a good repleasement for it.
If you have them keep them. Better If they are matched pairs or quad - great for amps.

I would like to have a few mrf455's if you or freinds still have dust on the them. I am disabled and a single parent in need of extra money every month. But I will earn mine, I still have my honor. Anyways, want to get my bench stocked so that I can help others and make a little side money. So any help you and your freinds can do will be truly felt from me and my 7yr old boy.

Sincerly, John

When you consider the R&D costs to develop a brand new transistor and get it into mass production, you can be fairly confident that didn't happen here or in the vast majority of cases with similar claims. Part numbers like RF-2510 are not transistor numbers any major manufacturer uses either. That's the type of number someone makes up to cover over the real number so you have to buy the part from them and you never see the real specifications.

The truth is the profits are far from what they would need to be in order to see any return from the development of a "new" transistor. The proof here is that the profits were not enough for any of the original Motorola or Mitsubishi parts to stay in production much less make a new one.

It's surprising how many transistors made for entirely different applications can be made to produce RF power in the HF spectrum. The IRF-520 is a classic example of a switching transistor that has a recovery time just over 100 ns. That places it's rated maximum frequency around 10 MHz. Yet we see them pressed into service on 11 meters all the time. Increased inductance and internal capacitance make these parts far less stable when used beyond their maximum design frequency.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated