• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Uniden BC906W Cordless Mic

I have seen it done on the anytone at-5555 facebook page,, you need to supply the mic base (mic plug) with 8-9v and an audio signal from the ext speaker jack..
this is on my list of things to try sometime

nothing new or universal there, president radio's are set up for this mic as they have there own "brand" same mic as the uniden mic

.::: PRESIDENT ELECTRONICS :::. News!

click on products

LIBERTY-MIC (WIRELESS MICROPHONE)

Speaker and Microphone in a single unit

- Push-To-Talk Control Button
- Volume UP/Down Controls
- Auto power-off
- Up to 100 meter range
- Car charger plug with mini-USB connection

Compatible with all PRESIDENT CB radios having a 6 pin microphone

either mic can be made to work on most other radio's with a little mic wiring and getting the audio from the speaker jack

That looks familiar!(radio)
I know four Spanish words.
I'm using my translater;Buenas!

In the last post, I mentioned about five cool things to spice up the season in a creative and functional, and one of the items I mentioned the use of a wireless microphone, which could provide the use of station distances medians.

Well, could I have first-hand access to the Uniden Wireless Microphone - the BC906W, the Uniden - on cue, and thanking his friend Thaddeus (PU2-YAG) for the great collaboration with the supply of copy for testing - and its functionality is quite interesting....

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
BC906W Adapter

I'm going to try and make up an adapter myself. Can someone Email me off list with info so I can get started? I would need to have some sort of break down as to the wiring of the 6 pin connector and the 4 pin like what I have on my radio. I know that pin 7 needs 7-9 volts but that's about it. My Email address is (clubjoe1 at yahoo.com).

JOE

hello everyone, I bought a wireless microphone libery president, I do not know how to adapt to an ICOM 725 8 pin.va please help me if anyone knows
many thanks

here is the pin out for the stock mic for the uniden radios.

880 and 980 mic wiring layout.

STOCK MIC PINOUTS;
PIN COLOR FUNCTION
1: Yellow Audio HOT
2: BLACK RX switching
3: RED TX switching
4: N/C
5: SHIELD
6: 7.8VDC (as-found on this -rig) phantom power for power mic*

pin 6 not used on stock mic.

Also when using these mic's, it's not a bad idea to drill a bit larger hole where the mic is as stock the hole is very small and makes the audio sound a bit muffled. I used a 3/16" drill bit and opened the mic hole up and used this mic with a uniden 980 and have gotten great audio reports. Clean and clear. It is definitely a good mic if you are moving about a lot around the house or don't want to be right on top of your equipment talking. It has good range as well. As for adapters check eBay, there are a few sellers that make adapters and if you send them a message of what radio and mic is planned on being used, they can make you an adapter. Might make life easier for some. Hope this helps and god bless

Doesn't the radio have to be Bluetooth capable? Not researched the mic much but I believe it is Bluetooth in design. I could be wrong like I said I haven't researched it a whole lot.

The mic has 2 parts, there is a corded part that plugs into the radio that provides the bluetooth for the mic itself. They do work well and sound good. Not the best for listening, but you can definitely use the internal mic speaker to monitor transmissions if you are out of sight of your radio. I have used mine in totally different rooms and it works well. Worth every penny if you don't like being on top of your gear or don't like having cords that don't reach.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.