• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New York City Ham Wins Appeal, Can Keep His Tower

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
In September 2010, Paul Isaacs, W2JGQ, of New York City, obtained a building permit for his Amateur Radio antenna support structure, comprised of a 40 foot tower topped by a Yagi antenna. Isaacs installed his antenna system on the roof of his four story brownstone -- 58 feet above ground -- in lower Manhattan.

Almost four months later -- months after the erection of the system -- the New York C...

More...

I bet that looks very nice on top of a historic building :censored:

Yes, yes it does. From the pictures it looks VERY nice. (y) Kudos for him winning against the bastards that first told him it was OK and then AFTER he erected it according to the approved plan, was told to take it down. At least he compromised in what he wanted versus what he would accept as reasonable. The fact that it is on the top of a four story building to begin with just makes the impact that much less as it is further from the ground and thus looks smaller than if it was right in the back yard. :D

I hope to work him soon and send him my kudos personally.

If I owned Monticello, I'd have an antenna somewhere. If I was the POTUS, I'd dig out Betty Fords antenna and have a few FCC goons put it up for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.