1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

no one talking??????????????

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Randall barton, Sep 23, 2017.

1. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew
    Expand Collapse

Someone has to get the guys running the HAARP facility in Alaska into radio so they'll stop turning the propagation switch off.;)

LeapFrog and 338_MtRushmore like this.

2. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt
    Expand Collapse
    Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

I subscribe to http://www.spaceweather.com/ and get their free bulletins emailed to me. Good info.

3. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt
    Expand Collapse
    Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

That's why you have to be careful which expert you choose to believe. Just because some are wrong does not mean that others cannot be right in their predictions. Same as climate change. While it may not be an exact science history has proven that for the most part they can predict within reason what the next cycle will bring. Everything goes in cycles and trends.

4. Tallman

Tallman
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Captain Kilowatt fits that description.

5. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt
    Expand Collapse
    Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Please do not go there. I am certainly NOT right all the time nor do I profess to be. I do however have a lot of experience in communications in general but as for certain things especially CB related I am in the dark ages. Personally I find it a sore point when people say I am always right. It goes waaay back to grade school and jealous schoolmates.

Tallman likes this.
  6. Tallman

Tallman
    Expand Collapse

It was only meant to be a complement.

7. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member

Always being right has absolutely nothing to do with being smart or having knowledge. It has everything to do with not professing to know something you don't. Having the answer, being silent, and saying I don't know, all make you right.

8. Tallman

Tallman
    Expand Collapse

That's why I say,"It's better to ask questions than to try to bluff your way through it and get caught with your ignorance hanging out!"

9. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member

There has been some activity on 38 here, it's just weak. I just heard a 505 call, but he said I was way off frequency. I would normally chalk that up to his station, but I was told the same thing on friday. So, I haven't actually made a contact lately, but at least there is still a chance.

ETA, as soon as i typed this I had a few minute qso with 1500 in California. He confirmed I was off frequency, but said it wasn't too far off.

#24 338_MtRushmore, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  10. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt
    Expand Collapse
    Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

And it was taken as that but I don't want the impression that is the way I myself think. Like I said it goes back a loooong way to grade school and being picked on for being at the top of my classes. Next topic! :cool:

11. psycho

psycho
    Expand Collapse
    Running a special on our rooms!

That is why I haven't replaced my base antennas.........no locals talk on the radio any more. Skip is fun at times but I just lost interest.
    When I am in the truck, nothing but crickets. LOL

12. Road Squawker

Road Squawker
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I remember one summer when I took Analytical Geometry as a summer course for advance credit. there were only 10 students in the class.
    The teacher said he would grade the class on a sliding scale with the highest score on the final exam being the defacto 100 %.

Well, after the final exam results were in, 7 people failed, 2 received a "C" and I got an "A"after I aced the final..