• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NOBODY COMPLAINS ANYMORE.

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
Back in the day I'd hear one station going to another channel, and asking the person who was splashing them to lower their mic, or power down.
I never hear that any longer.
People still cause splatter/splash, but my guess is there's so few locals that would cause (splash) issues on a regular basis, and that's why no one ever asks others to lower it down.
Maybe we've learned from the past.
I remember a time when asking another to lower it down because they were splashing an other was a sure way to start a CB 15 rounder.
In NY the word splash victim would be hurled at the station asking to lower it down or worse, move to another channel.
In my area of NY (BK) their were people who actually belived that splashing other's was a sure sign that they had a powerful station. LoL!
There were people who would purposely go one above or lower from the station they knew they were splashing and repeat, SPLASH VICTIM over and over.
The good ol days, huh? 73

Back in the "Old Days" a group of people would show up at the offenders house and drag his antenna down the street
I forget about the microphone tough guys that actually had their antennas pulled down or coax cable cut. It's something that happened but not all too often. Most of the time people would talk about doing it, and that's all it would be, talk.

I forget about the microphone tough guys that actually had their antennas pulled down or coax cable cut. It's something that happened but not all too often. Most of the time people would talk about doing it, and that's all it would be, talk.
That really depended on how offensive the jerk got. One guy in rural Texas got his antenna pulled down because during church services he would key up and spew obscenities which were picked up by the churches P.A. system. When they turned the P.A. off it still came over at a lesser volume. He was next door running a kilowatt old military transceiver.

That really depended on how offensive the jerk got. One guy in rural Texas got his antenna pulled down because during church services he would key up and spew obscenities which were picked up by the churches P.A. system. When they turned the P.A. off it still came over at a lesser volume. He was next door running a kilowatt old military transceiver.
No names mentioned, but there was another infamous 38 LSB offender who also lives in Texas. I wonder whatever happened to that winner? I'm assuming he's still out there, but little to no propagation into New Jersey from Texas, and that in itself kind of took him out of my receive. Small gift from Mother Nature. That guy (no names mentioned) was a top-notch douchebag. 73

No names mentioned, but there was another infamous 38 LSB offender who also lives in Texas. I wonder whatever happened to that winner? I'm assuming he's still out there, but little to no propagation into New Jersey from Texas, and that in itself kind of took him out of my receive. Small gift from Mother Nature. That guy (no names mentioned) was a top-notch douchebag. 73

Haven't heard anyone complain about that guy in a while down here in Texas. Not too much skip coming in from your area theses days,mostly Southeast and Midwest. I had my ears full of turkeys from up in your area a few years back. That guy with the airhorn all day long got annoying.
There were a couple more as well, but I'll take all that versus dead air. I can always find another frequency to talk on when skip is rolling. Its been pretty much dead here the last couple of days.

There was one case here where they tied a rope from the guys tower to the back of his car, when he left for work in the morning he pulled his own tower down.
Sounds like a classic American Graffiti. If anyone happens to catch one of those on a smartphone and adds it to YouTube, I'd imagine many hits. 73

Haven't heard anyone complain about that guy in a while down here in Texas. Not too much skip coming in from your area theses days,mostly Southeast and Midwest. I had my ears full of turkeys from up in your area a few years back. That guy with the airhorn all day long got annoying.
There were a couple more as well, but I'll take all that versus dead air. I can always find another frequency to talk on when skip is rolling. Its been pretty much dead here the last couple of days.
There's been lot of the same States coming in to NJ.
I haven't been on SSB in a while, but it's safe to say the states coming in on AM are the same I would hear on SSB. Tenn, Alabama, Louisiana, Ohio, Missouri, and a few more I can't recall.
About a month ago I was monitoring 27.555 USB, and heard a station from France. I called out to him and the contact lasted for a minute tops. He was gone as fast as he came in there. Anyone else hearing any stations from across the Atlantic? If so where? Are there any particular frequencies that are best to listen to when conditions although are less than ideal still can hear and possibly make the contact across the pound?

Only ones here that gripe are the truckers but they bleed me anyways.. I just tell them to run their RF gain up and get down the road a few miles and i won't bother them! LOL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.