• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NOS High End Condenser Mic Capsule Have not had a chance to build with them yet.

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Primo-EM4052PMI4-Precision-Condenser-Microphone-/390603511389

Granted they are not ribon mic's or anything exotic but they are 10X better than anything sold specifically for a Ham radio or CB radio! You can name your own price for them and roll your own interface.

It only needs 4V so most units that feed 6-10 volts to a Universal 8 pin will feed this bad boy just fine. You could do audio IC or a tube pre and do impedance matching, modeling. eq, compression easy enough. In fact you could use all off the shelf stuff and toss it in a project box even.

The freq response is so flat a pine wood derby car would not roll down the graph!

Seems perfect to feed a hifi type of setup. Do keep in mind that as you feed it more power gain goes up so the chart with it will be different at say 9V as compared to 4V. I doubt you will ever get a capsule this nice this cheaply.

LOL Maybe I will hang one from my rear view mirror and convert my dead pedal into a ptt pedal! LOL It will just hang like a lipstick mic in front of a church choir! LOL

Technicaly these are not RF microphones just the elements/capsule and not specific to RF or broadcasting. So I was not sure where to put them. So I thought homebrewing covered it better since you have to do some work to make them into a finished product for rf use.

Last edited:

Here is a circuit I would like to try..
AEX_electret.jpg

I just got done building a couple condensers using the phantom power directly from the mic plug on my radio, but I'd like to build a couple using that schematic..

Yes that is what I am doing too. Back in high school, I thought I was hot snot because I wired my power mics to take power from the mic pins. This way I did not need those expensive 7V Mercury cell batteries. It was a different time back then. LOL I do not mind power mic's just depends on what you are trying to do. For the most part, though they are not what most of us are after. I do still like very narrow audio bandwidth when being heard is all that matters!

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?