• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

old turner + 3 wiring

Sure you can use it. Is the 2547 regular 4 pin Cobra/Galaxy wiring? If So then its

1)shield
2)white
3)black
4)red

Good luck

Reactions: Mongoose
Hello All, been lurking here for a while, decided to join today.

Anyway, I have an old Turner +3 that I bought new when I was 15 in 1972. I would like to connect it to my new Galaxy DX 959, and I am sure you guys can help me with this. My 4 wire colors don't match any of the ones I have seen here, I have red, white, green, and black wires. Can I assume the green wire is the shield?

Just want to be sure so I don't screw anything up!

I have a very nice Turner Plus Three that I would like to connect to my new Alinco DX-10 (CRE-8900). The Turner is a 4 wire and the Alinco is a six pin. The Alinco factory mic has channel up and down buttons so I'm thinking three of the six pins I won't need but can anyone help here with how I put 4 wires on three pins?

Thanks rabbiporkchop for the info. This was the only forum that I forgot to check back in with. I got the Turner hooked up to the Alinco and it was too easy. The actual wiring for it turned out to be Pin 1 got the white wire for audio. Pin 3 got the black wire for the TX function and the shield ended up on Pin 5. The red wire I cut short and it was not used as the radio has electronic switching. I also pushed out the unused pins 2-4-6 to prevent any shorting. The micc with this radio was well worth the investment according to the reports I have received. But thanks again for your help and for looking up the information that you did.
73's,

Lisa

No need to thank me. It looks like I was wrong. I didn't realize it was for an Alinco radio.
Thanks rabbiporkchop for the info. This was the only forum that I forgot to check back in with. I got the Turner hooked up to the Alinco and it was too easy. The actual wiring for it turned out to be Pin 1 got the white wire for audio. Pin 3 got the black wire for the TX function and the shield ended up on Pin 5. The red wire I cut short and it was not used as the radio has electronic switching. I also pushed out the unused pins 2-4-6 to prevent any shorting. The micc with this radio was well worth the investment according to the reports I have received. But thanks again for your help and for looking up the information that you did.
73's,

Lisa

Whichever wire is wrapped around the audio wire is the shield.
Hello All, been lurking here for a while, decided to join today.

Anyway, I have an old Turner +3 that I bought new when I was 15 in 1972. I would like to connect it to my new Galaxy DX 959, and I am sure you guys can help me with this. My 4 wire colors don't match any of the ones I have seen here, I have red, white, green, and black wires. Can I assume the green wire is the shield?

Just want to be sure so I don't screw anything up!

No need to thank me. It looks like I was wrong. I didn't realize it was for an Alinco radio.
No big deal really as this Alinco DX-10 is a "different" radio for sure. I did appreciate the fact that you took your time to respond and that is what truly matters.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Regards,
Lisa

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.