• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oldie but a goodie???

redbeast

Aug 14, 2016
Ok, just saw an ad locally for a Cobra Cam 88, with a d104. Wondering if any of the "old guys" knew about this unit. Sez it's from the 60's, tube, and plugs into the wall. Any feedback????

I use one daily. I like the radio. Sensitive receiver, about as good as my late model ham radio set. If you get it, clip resistor out at Dyna Mod switch behind front cover. Changes mod swing from 6 watts max to 10 watts max or enough to tickle an amp nicely.

I use one daily. I like the radio. Sensitive receiver, about as good as my late model ham radio set. If you get it, clip resistor out at Dyna Mod switch behind front cover. Changes mod swing from 6 watts max to 10 watts max or enough to tickle an amp nicely.
Guessing this is a 23 channel unit, or am I wrong? Ad sez it talks " loud", which I suppose could mean anything.Would $100 for that radio and the d104 be in the ballpark?

$100 is pretty steep for that combo. I've picked those up for $20-$30. D104 might be worth $20-100 depending on the model but it's probably an non-amplified D104 he's got mated to that radio. Yes, 23 channel, the value would be to someone as a collectors item. They are now in the antique radio category which seems so weird to me but it's true :)

$50 would be a good deal to me it if it's really clean and in good working condition. Those radios can have nice audio so it's quite possible the "loud" portion of the ad is correct, just don't know if I'd drop $100 unless you're a collector.

Here's what it looks like if you're not familiar with them -

Worth the $100? It depends. Some CBers are cheap and want the radio for $10 & D-104 for same. On ebay in average condition with some cosmetic flaws it is a $50 radio. That is, that is what they sold for so it is ebays 'opinion' not mine as for value. In excellent to mint condition it is a $75 radio. I never seen a D-104 sell for $10 or $20. The mic if in good condition has to be worth $30 or more.

I paid $75 for mine and it was like new condition. I paid $35 for the Turner +3 as shown in my moniker picture. To me, a close to mint condition Cobra Cam 88 is worth $75 all day long.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated