• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Omega Force S 45 HP problem

yeah i got one to and it rocked!! then two weeks later it stopped rocking..the stock mic keyed up but no transmit on air...but it did feed back bad..i have no idea what happend to it...so i called RF LIMITED and was given an RA## and sent it to the radio shop in Ontario ca.that was a while ago...so i called them to check the status of my radio and the guy said it would be three weeks before they look at it...SUCKS! thank god i have more than one magnum!! lol

Jesse James, that's what I thought too and I had this idea in my little pea brain that someone was scamming, but after much reading and listening, I gave it a shot, the radio itself is about a hundred more than a 257HP. But it's built in by GoodWill, the same company that use to make the S-9 when they were a great radio. It has a different audio circuit, 8 pin Icom style mic, quite a bit different recieve with an added filter for when the skips too loud, all channels are changed at 5 not 10kc incremints, all of the frequencies are in a row, no banks no A B C etc. There is a ton or shielding over anything that would be bothered by or give out stray RF, it's really a well thought out, upgrade of a 257. Has a built in fan that comes on with transmit and stays on for about 45 seconds after unkeying, or longer if it gets hot. Straight out of the box it did 55 watts on AM, FM, SSB with an " AUDIO", and I have had a few 257's HP and non HP models, the only thing I did was buy an Icom HM- 36 mic. The stock one is too small for he to hold, I did get an adapter for 8 Icom to 4 Cobra, and tried a few of the Turners and stock mics that I have, the Turners were too loud and the old stock mics I have sounded ok but with the elecret condenser HM-36 the audio really sounds full and mid range loud. So don't judge this book by it's cover, it's a lot more than a 257 and I've had it 2 weeks now and still like it a lot, besides it's still working not like the last 257HP that I bought.

Jesse James, that's what I thought too and I had this idea in my little pea brain that someone was scamming, but after much reading and listening, I gave it a shot, the radio itself is about a hundred more than a 257HP. But it's built in by GoodWill, the same company that use to make the S-9 when they were a great radio. It has a different audio circuit, 8 pin Icom style mic, quite a bit different recieve with an added filter for when the skips too loud, all channels are changed at 5 not 10kc incremints, all of the frequencies are in a row, no banks no A B C etc. There is a ton or shielding over anything that would be bothered by or give out stray RF, it's really a well thought out, upgrade of a 257. Has a built in fan that comes on with transmit and stays on for about 45 seconds after unkeying, or longer if it gets hot. Straight out of the box it did 55 watts on AM, FM, SSB with an " AUDIO", and I have had a few 257's HP and non HP models, the only thing I did was buy an Icom HM- 36 mic. The stock one is too small for he to hold, I did get an adapter for 8 Icom to 4 Cobra, and tried a few of the Turners and stock mics that I have, the Turners were too loud and the old stock mics I have sounded ok but with the elecret condenser HM-36 the audio really sounds full and mid range loud. So don't judge this book by it's cover, it's a lot more than a 257 and I've had it 2 weeks now and still like it a lot, besides it's still working not like the last 257HP that I bought.

Sounds cool...Think I'll wait till ya have had it 6 months tho and see if it holds up...

Reason I bought this S 45HP in the first place was because I never seen any negative reports on the radio in any of the Forums...Did see a few on the 257...Then once my problem popped-up and I made a few posts, I have now seen several people complaining about the S45 HP...But so far my problem seems to be "Unique" at best...

I did talk to "The Radio Shop" today, and was telling them the problem, and had them check to see what they did to the radio while it was in their shop, and looks like they didn't address this problem when it was there...All they did the first time was basically give it a tune-up...They said it was "Out of Tune"...Not sure about all that tho, it seemed to be tuned just fine the first time around, just wouldn't fire-up in the mornings.

Told them again, that the radio may work just fine when they get it, but to let it sit over-night and see what it does in the morning...

It's on it's way back across Country again for repairs...Least the radio is getting some DX time in the back of the UPS Truck...Nothing on any of the channels right now around here...:bdh:

If you keep your postal reciepts and send them to Sam Lewis he will pay for it all if it's in the warranty period. This guy is doing all he can to make the deal right, it's really not his fault about the quality of this last batch of radios, yea he contracted with them and did the deal but now all this warranty work is costing him and I'm sure he's hot about it too. Sam really is an honest guy that wants happy customers, he has helped me with anything I have called or emailed about without giving me a hard time. Heck about 3 weeks ago he answered an email on a Sunday afternoon so he really is concerned

If you keep your postal reciepts and send them to Sam Lewis he will pay for it all if it's in the warranty period. This guy is doing all he can to make the deal right, it's really not his fault about the quality of this last batch of radios, yea he contracted with them and did the deal but now all this warranty work is costing him and I'm sure he's hot about it too. Sam really is an honest guy that wants happy customers, he has helped me with anything I have called or emailed about without giving me a hard time. Heck about 3 weeks ago he answered an email on a Sunday afternoon so he really is concerned

I'm sure he's concerned...He probably is up to his neck in radios waiting on warranty work...

Shipping is not going to break me...I would just like to use the radio I bought 2 months ago...Think what I'm going to do when it comes back this next time, is just hook it up, and lay it in the floor for a couple of days to see how it does, before going to the trouble of mounting it...

When I had "The Radio Shop" on the phone, I think I explained well enough to them the problem, so maybe this time they can find whatever's out-of-whack and get it working...

I had one 257 go back 3 times and another one once. Sam paid all shipping and didn't even flinch.

See...This is why I'm thinking Magnum Radios have a quality-control problem in the manufacturing department...

Over the years I have bought radios made by just about all the major company's and never had to send any of them back for warranty work...Much less 2 or 3 times! This is why I say this will be my last Magnum.

Sorry to hear about the bad Omega Force's some people have received. I have had mine for about 1month now and I am still loving it. Everything is working the way it should . I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I will let this thread know if something does go wrong with mine for sure. :p:

I have a S45HP and yesterday I was listening in on some gents having a chat. One was in Western Australia which is 2300 miles to the west of me. The bloke talking was in WA.

Skip was in .**Jump_im**

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.