• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

One for Rabbiporkchop.

Here's a creative idea.

With a little trial and error, you can set the levels to match the input sensitivity of the recorder.
My recorder has 3 input sensitivity settings and I have it set to the lowest setting.

Last edited:
Here's a creative idea.

With a little trial and error, you can set the levels to match the input sensitivity of the recorder.
My recorder has 3 input sensitivity settings and I have it set to the lowest setting.

Interesting,

With my real HF radio, I have direct audio out in 16 bit CD quality that's captured by my computer sound card and can re-transmit it direct without keying the mic in the same CD quality. Ultra clean with absolutely no backround noise because it's direct audio in and audio out!

For your CB, why didn't you have your hero tap the audio source before the audio amp and put a convienent 3.5mm jack behind the radio and patch your recording device into that.

This will be a cleaner source of line level audio because the way you are doing it, you're tapping audio after the audio amp and that line source has audio wattage and can easily overdrive your recordings if not damage sensitive recording devices.

Old Mark should have known this and setup recording capabilities properly.

Hmm…

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Interesting,

With my real HF radio, I have direct audio out in 16 bit CD quality that's captured by my computer sound card and can re-transmit it direct without keying the mic in the same CD quality. Ultra clean with absolutely no backround noise because it's direct audio in and audio out!

For your CB, why didn't you have your hero tap the audio source before the audio amp and put a convienent 3.5mm jack behind the radio and patch your recording device into that.

This will be a cleaner source of line level audio because the way you are doing it, you're tapping audio after the audio amp and that line source has audio wattage and can easily overdrive your recordings if not damage sensitive recording devices.

Old Mark should have known this and setup recording capabilities properly.

Hmm…
Recording stuff was an afterthought.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Recording stuff was an afterthought.
Now make it a present thought…
That's not for the export radio's because they have no line level audio out like real HF radios do.

Unless he taps the audio before the audio amp, the signal out the radio's speaker jack is too strong being rated in watts. An attenuator circuit could be made though to step it down to milliwatts.

Well first of all "real hf rig" is just condescending amateur nit-wit speak for "more money than brains"! LOL Depending on what era of amateur radio we look at we can find many "real hf rigs" that do not meet this guys standard! LOL Keep in mind he uses a $4000-$7000mic as well can you say casting pearls to swines!

Next CD quality sound capture and re-broadcast is not even in the realm of CB functionality a CB does not offer that level of fidelity on tx or rx so again " casting pearls to swines" .....LOL that is actually wasted as well on most amateur gear.

I record as a musician and a handheld digital recorder is a plenty to record many things and when looking at the fidelity afforded a CB or black box radio is fine. Since no one listens to the audio pre-audio ic on a CB it does not matter. The main reason CB's have such terrible fidelity is the audio ic that is used for tx and rx so sampling sooner would not be very indicative of what one would expect other's to hear in the real world. If you just wanted to sample the mic's sound and the early stages of the audio chain that would be fine but that is not at all what other's will hear. To be clear anyone that is an audio file would not be embracing CD quality sound with bit sampling since none of that sounds as rich and full as analog sound. If the sound is too pure and clean it will give you a headache and grate on your nerves even if you think you like it! The brain always knows. It is just like hearing a synthesized trumpet or saxophone compared to the real thing anyone with a keen ear and fairly clean system can tell the difference right away.

Last I checked it was illegal to rebroadcast anything on CB. You have to be having 2 way communication for it to be legal so rebroadcasting anything even at CD quality is illegal on CB.

Well first of all "real hf rig" is just condescending amateur nit-wit speak for "more money than brains"! LOL Depending on what era of amateur radio we look at we can find many "real hf rigs" that do not meet this guys standard! LOL Keep in mind he uses a $4000-$7000mic as well can you say casting pearls to swines!

Next CD quality sound capture and re-broadcast is not even in the realm of CB functionality a CB does not offer that level of fidelity on tx or rx so again " casting pearls to swines" .....LOL that is actually wasted as well on most amateur gear.

I record as a musician and a handheld digital recorder is a plenty to record many things and when looking at the fidelity afforded a CB or black box radio is fine. Since no one listens to the audio pre-audio ic on a CB it does not matter. The main reason CB's have such terrible fidelity is the audio ic that is used for tx and rx so sampling sooner would not be very indicative of what one would expect other's to hear in the real world. If you just wanted to sample the mic's sound and the early stages of the audio chain that would be fine but that is not at all what other's will hear. To be clear anyone that is an audio file would not be embracing CD quality sound with bit sampling since none of that sounds as rich and full as analog sound. If the sound is too pure and clean it will give you a headache and grate on your nerves even if you think you like it! The brain always knows. It is just like hearing a synthesized trumpet or saxophone compared to the real thing anyone with a keen ear and fairly clean system can tell the difference right away.

Last I checked it was illegal to rebroadcast anything on CB. You have to be having 2 way communication for it to be legal so rebroadcasting anything even at CD quality is illegal on CB.
As told by a CB nitwit and a self proclaimed " musician " who probably can't read or write music's written language and resorts to trolling for attention. LOL!

..Last I checked it was illegal to rebroadcast anything on CB. You have to be having 2 way communication for it to be legal so rebroadcasting anything even at CD quality is illegal on CB.

Well, any BROADCAST on CB is illegal................. DUH!

But, It's perfectly legal for a U.S. CBer to reTRANSMITT anything recorded on CB frequencies.

There is no legal expectation of privacy on 11 meters.
47 U.S. Code 605 does restrict CERTAIN actions,but ,it has this paragraph too.

"..."This section shall not apply to the receiving, divulging, publishing, or utilizing the contents of any radio communication which is transmitted by any station for the use of the general public, which relates to ships, aircraft, vehicles, or persons in distress, or that which is transmitted by an amateur radio station operator or by a citizens band radio operator."

My first attempt of recording locals talking on air, they all sound shit. Is it me or them? Muffled sounding . Funny thing is most nights one of them sounds okay but not this evening.

Hard to say. Did you buy it new; or used? Either way, if a radio's center freq is off a great deal, then the receive will sound muffled - regardless of what the on-board freq counter says. It can be off - too . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated