• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

One of the best tech's out there...or so HE thinks.

There are so many persons who think there are REAL techs. Especially on this forum. I remember a couple of years ago someone asking what was a good read for getting to be a tech. Now this person acts like he knows it all. Sad. Just because you don't like what a person puts on Utube, why do you have to criticize him ??? He is just learning like you were a few years ago. Give the guy a break and offer some suggestions that will help him learn. Instead of criticizing and acting like you are the ultimate authority. You know who you are.

There are so many persons who think there are REAL techs. Especially on this forum. I remember a couple of years ago someone asking what was a good read for getting to be a tech. Now this person acts like he knows it all. Sad. Just because you don't like what a person puts on Utube, why do you have to criticize him ??? He is just learning like you were a few years ago. Give the guy a break and offer some suggestions that will help him learn. Instead of criticizing and acting like you are the ultimate authority. You know who you are.
Hmmmmm . . . Now; who might that be?
I know you said you are a tech, I remember that Xit13 said he was a tech and had a degree, and Shockwave said he is too. Can't think of anyone else, except for Snake - lol.

Who do you have in mind? Know it isn't me, as I have never claimed that. Certainly I have said that am just a hobbyist and nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: wavrider
While I haven't progressed much in one year, I feel that how honest a "Tech" is.. Honestly depends on if they realize exactly how much they do not know.

I have worked on computers and called my self a service tech, when something hardware failed we replaced a module (not repaired it).

Now I am doing component level repair on radios, and I cannot call myself a Tech.
How well one can diagnose a fault will always be pertinent to one calling themselves a "Tech", along with knowing the proper procedures and having an understanding of the equipment involved.

Last edited:
The difference between Exit 13, Shockwave, and I is that we do not make off-hand comments about other people like " I wonder if he knows the difference between a sine wave and a square wave . . ."
Since you say that," Certainly I have said that I am just a hobbyist and nothing more.", it would be better if you kept your criticism to yourself.

I think we all try to help others, sadly though through my ignorance I have spread some slight misinformation into the hobby (I can think of one post I made in particular) the impact wouldn't be huge if one or two posts had a slight lack of understanding in them, but when many statements are made by someone who doesn't quite understand as much as they may think (me included) unspecific advice or opinions only carry so much weight.

Someone observing from the sideline can see how this "help" or free advice may have a negative impact in the hobby if it goes unchecked, especially if a newcomer takes an opinion to heart because it was presented as fact.

If the radio is being volted for a presentation or any reason, i'd wonder what he is trying to pull! Please show the radio running on proper supply voltage not jacked up for 'mo wattZ~'!
Even though as a hobbyist I have a right to criticize ones presentation, but I choose not to throw stones in a gla.... oh snap, :censored:

Edit: ...And if I claim to be wise man, then surely.....

Last edited:
The difference between Exit 13, Shockwave, and I is that we do not make off-hand comments about other people like " I wonder if he knows the difference between a sine wave and a square wave . . ."
Since you say that," Certainly I have said that I am just a hobbyist and nothing more.", it would be better if you kept your criticism to yourself.

What kind of serious hobbyist would I be if I didn't know the difference between the two?!?
You could look me up anywhere in all of my posts and you will see what I said is true.
BTW - this thread isn't about me - nor you.

images

At least this guy doesn't seem to be hiding anything. Most cbers want a meter swinging spatter machine anyway. Some like to be lied to about how clean it really is though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated