• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Optima MK3

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Going to sell my Optima MK3 . I bought the Radio Dec 2015 so I have had it for a year. I always use external speakers on my Mobil radios, This radio was used as a base on a power supply and was never mobil. I was moving so equipment around and reached around the back of the radio and plugged the speaker back into the Jack. and I guess I didn't push it in correctly and broke the plastic jack on the back of the radio. I opened the radio and saw that its connected to the board and Plastic. Now I have no audio to the internal or external.speakers.Asking 200.00 shipped USA only.Email Grogan11@yahoo.com with any questions.Should be an easy fix for someone who knows what their doing.I never had another problems with the radio.

Just to clarify so as it is now the factory speaker does not work and you can't plug an external in now either right?

IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0757.JPG IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG Up date on the radio. I opened the radio and took another look at the jack for external speaker. The metal tab that disconnects the internal speaker was breaking the connection for the speaker and that's why there was no sound. The radio does work fine but An external speaker can not be plugged into the jack. Still a nice radio I am going to ask 150.00 free shipping .or off to eBay she goes.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Wow, I cant believe nobody wanted it for $150.

I have the same radio with a solder joint issue somewhere. New out of the box, bought from coldfrontsales I think it was. I cant even get $125 for it.

I have the same radio with a solder joint issue somewhere. New out of the box, bought from coldfrontsales I think it was. I cant even get $125 for it.
I was going to buy it for $150, but when I emailed him to ask if he'd take paypal he told me I'd have to pay $175, then posted here he was going to keep it.
I'd pay the 3% for paypal, but not another 25$.

I decided to keep the Radio and posted it because after opening up the radio and securing the external speaker jack the radio was working and to me worth much more than the money lost selling it. It's a great radio. For the right price I might sell it. There is one on eBay ending today!!

Reactions: 222DBFL
Glad you got it working Grogan. Yes they are a great radio for what they originally cost!! Still holds it own with any new radio of its likes out today!! JMHO.

It was a tempting price but what will it cost to fix that whole speaker issue? Who really knows. I would have to send it out for repair, if that runs 75-125 bucks then I'm upside down in it.

i am just going to use it without the external jack. The internal speaker works just fine. The other option would be to add a real speaker jack to the metal case and connect it to the speaker wires..easy job.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.