• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Optima MKIII or Lincoln 2 v3?

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
I can get an Optima MK iii direct for $318 or Lincoln 2 v3 for $229.

Which one??

I do plan on using 11m occasionally.. and on AM sometimes.

Is the power variable on the MK III?? I read conflicting things.

Last edited:

That is not true Yeti.com warranties it's products because you see factory refurbished units from time to time which means warranty work by default. They not manufacturing "Refurbished" units on purpose.

For $229 that is a steal for the Lincoln. I will say this you can set up the Optima MKIII for continious tuning from 24-29 with no gaps no bands etc.....You can not do that on the Lincoln. You can set up the Optima for just 40ch CB. You have 4 different option on how you set it up and it is just a jumper setting that can be changed when ever you want.

Shipping is what kills the Optima. I think the Optima is a better radio than the Lincoln II. I have used both and just bought an Optima but I got the Optima cheaper than the Lincoln.

If I could have gotten an New Lincoln II for $229 I would have gone with a Lincoln in spite of the fact that I think the Optima is a better radio. That said if someone wants to use a radio for primarily CB and Free Band the Dragon 485 from Yeti is a better choice than the optima since you can easily toggle between CB and Continuous Coverage with just a push of the button on the face. The Dragon 485 has about 1/2 the power output of the Optima no fan cooling on the back and some other difference as well in spite of having the same face. I think the circuit board is different and the firmware is different.

To me having the continuous coverage for 10-11-12m is a huge plus. I like the Power output and the feature set. Like the Lincoln II it is not a perfect radio and will benefit from some tweaking of capacitor and resistor values and a good alignment. I like that it has a selectable narrow IF filter. I like that the reciever has been improved to improve adjacent signal rejection and remove some of the white noise!

$229 is killer good deal though!

Reactions: binrat
Wife stepped in..

Regular Lincoln v3 model for $229 wins..

I was leaning toward Plus model v3 for $289 with export mod done by dealer.. But wife said NO to the $60 difference.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated