• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pair of ultra rare Kenwood LS-990 stereo speakers

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Available for purchase is a pair of ultra rare Kenwood LS-990 stereo speakers in very good condition.Since these were not sold in the U.S., not many people know about these speakers. They are very well built! I cannot stress enough just how good these speakers sound.Cosmetically, they are a strong 9 out of 10.ONE midrange has wrinkle in the dustcap There are a few minor scratches. The strip on the top edge of the grills with the logo is made of anodized machined aluminum.They are the original LS-990 speakers with the front and rear baffles made of Douglas Fir Lumbercore laminated with Birch veneer and the rest made with particle board coated with a polyester resin to give it a “leather” look. (I think it looks more like a high-tech stone composite)The woofers have cast frames with what feels like an aquaplas treated cone (There is a lot of JBL influence in the design and build of these speakers) The midranges also have cast frames and have some sort of cone treatment but I have no idea what that treatment is. The aluminum bullet tweeters are very similar to the JBL 075 with a slot design like the JBL 077 slot tweeters. The woofers are coupled via a thick threaded rod to the rear baffle and the mid is coupled to the back of its sealed enclosure.These speakers weigh around 75 pounds each unpacked. and will be packed very well in two boxes. I am going to use a flat-rate with ups. Asking 650.00 shipped. I payed way more then that. Payment will be paypal gift.Or postal money order. Lower 48 states only. You could sell these on ebay for way more.Come from Smoke free home.

Attachments

• h8fbhop8.png
    h8fbhop8.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,204
  • dxzl27pj.png
    dxzl27pj.png
    61 KB · Views: 533
  • v272ugar.png
    v272ugar.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 486
  • 01c2trwg.png
    01c2trwg.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 9vfoc73a.png
    9vfoc73a.png
    124 KB · Views: 1,126

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.