• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 500 SSB

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
there is a Palomar 500 SSB for sale on eBay, anyone ever owned one? have any info on them?

No no I'm talking about the radio, thus is why its posted in the radio section :)

posted using world wide Tapatalk. Droid DX

re

i just bought a browning power desk mic.on ebay
took off the bottom cover what a mess. boy did i get the shaft.

Last edited:
while its not a very common radio, there is really nothing special about it.
would be easy to put channels in, which looks like has already been done, but i couldnt see paying more than 20 bucks for it in working condition.
thats with shipping.
LC

It appears to have been raped with all the extra switches. Never heard of that radio before. Don't think I would take a chance of something that "sticks" every now and then. The word "vintage" seems to be thrown around on Ebay quite a lot.
"Bought at an estate sale and have no way of testing, selling as is with no returns".....that is another great line too.

As 90% did if I remember it had a 858 in it.
Some had 2 other PLL's but at this time I can remember them.

Those are nice radios and I will buy one for my collection one of these days. There is one in my area and if the guy gets rid of it Ill buy it forsure. Correct they are mobile radios with no internal power supply and also not the linears that are sold. Which is what I thought it was until I (Clicked on the provided link) If its not all hacked up their pretty cool peices of history and they work well.

its *"RARE"* :p:

I say you buy it and turn around and sell it for many hundreds of dollars in profit !!

oh wait, whats that you say? It was only worth $5 to start with? :oops:

its *"RARE"* :p:

I say you buy it and turn around and sell it for many hundreds of dollars in profit !!

oh wait, whats that you say? It was only worth $5 to start with? :oops:

THIS MUCH MONIES???

millions_of_dollars_02.jpg

Poor fellas broke I see the people in the background are most likely on their way to taking this good fortune??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?